Menu link order changes

Menu link order changes was created by qpidity

Posted 9 years 5 months ago #23919
Hi,

For some time we have noticed that the order of our menu links changes and we cannot understand why. The most recent change happened a couple of days ago and we are not sure why this is happening.

It is strange that the menu link order goes back to how it was some months ago. To explain: The menu link in question was number 7 in the parent link order. It was then changed manually by us in the Joomla menu manager to number 2. But as explained it keeps jumping back to number 7 without us doing anything.

I hope you can help us to resolve this strange behaviour as it has me and my client concerned about the stability of this menu component.

Thanks in advance.

PS. i forgot to mention we are using version 6.2.6 of the menu module with Joomla 2.5.26
Last Edit:9 years 5 months ago by qpidity
Last edit: 9 years 5 months ago by qpidity.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by ced1870 on topic Menu link order changes

Posted 9 years 5 months ago #23920
Hi
are you loading a joomla menu or a third party extension like Virtuemart or Hikashop from Maximenu ?

for the joomla menu items, I can tell for sure at 99.99% that maximenu is not in cause because it uses the native Joomla! API to load the menu items
you can test using a native joomla menu module, you should have the same order

CEd

Joomlack Webmaster and Developer

by ced1870

Replied by qpidity on topic Menu link order changes

Posted 9 years 5 months ago #23922
Hi,

We're using maximenu to load a Joomla menu. We also have some menu items which load Mijoshop, but how is that the cause of the problem?

What should we do to fix? The Joomla main menu order is fixed in the menu manager but as I say one item in particular (goes to Joomla article) keeps changing position.
by qpidity

Replied by ced1870 on topic Menu link order changes

Posted 9 years 5 months ago #23923
does it change in your menu manager ?
if yes, this has nothing to do with maximenu, the module only shows the item, it does not change them !

Try to ask how it can be on the forum.joomla.org
also check if you have multiple users on your website, that no one have played with the menu...

Joomlack Webmaster and Developer

by ced1870

Time to create page: 0.628 seconds

Fast and powerful creation, customizable and responsive.

Read More

We have 928 guests and no members online