Borders and Shadows in Menu

Borders and Shadows in Menu was created by nsheehan

Posted 9 years 11 months ago #19487
Good morning, I've spent 4 hours this morning trying to duplicate the look of the menu found here [ www.yootheme.com/demo/joomla -> Everst Theme]. I'm getting rather frustrated with the MaxiMenu settings and how overly complex it becomes to figure out how to make it work the way WE need it to work. I have no doubt that Maximenu CAN do this as is, but unless you are Ced, with Super Guru understanding of all the parameters things get messy fast.

In the example for the Yootheme Everest they are using a right border and a shadow to create the divider between menu items. The border and shadow in the example provided use a transparency value for the border and shadow. I've literally spent 3 hours trying to make this work and I am about to give up.

What I see for the YooTheme Menu is box-shadow: 1px 0px 0px rgba(255,255,255,0.12)
How can I accomplish this with MaxiMenu? The color value from MaxiMenu supplied as a Hex value and there is no option to set the transparency of the shadow on MaxiMenu settings. The second part of the divider is "border-right: 1px solid rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.1)" and the issue is the same. MaxiMenu does not allow for a transparency value here.
Attempting to create an override to set the shadow and border regardless of what MaxiMenu wants has not worked out as expected.

Question 2:
How do you turn off the line that floats along the top of the menu? This should be a simple on/off toggle in the settings?

Question 3:
How do we enable UPPERCASE for all items on the MainMenu? This should be a simple CSS add like greybox, or fullwidth

Question 4:
Why is there no option to turn off the drop down icon? A radio button should take care of this without editing css.

Question 5:
Why are there no obvious settings for the MiniMenu? The provided templates are limited and do not suit the rest of the site. The RIDICULOUSLY priced Mobile theme package does not meet our needs as I would still need to customize to meet our needs.

Last point charging for Documentation is the WORST idea I have ever seen. I am 25 years in this business and I have never seen such a backwards thought. The only outcome from this decision is LOTS of support related forum posts and lost customers.

I have read other posts related to these issues, had the provided answers been complete, I likely would not need to write these questions again. Fast answers are useless if the information is incomplete wasting your time and our time, in most cases multiple answers are needed by your customers because the answers provided are useless. As the product is very good, just not well documented, and missing some parts, I am hopeful that Joomlack will not dismiss these suggestions as the forum demonstrates these are very common requests/complaints about MaxiMenuCK.

Thank you in advance.
Niall

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.712 seconds

Fast and powerful creation, customizable and responsive.

Read More

We have 756 guests and 2 members online