Module placement inside maximenu

Module placement inside maximenu was created by Ante

Posted 10 years 2 months ago #18005
Hello
I have been trying Adding a login module in the menu following the instructions given here: joomlack.fr/en/joomla-extensions/maximenu-ck

I was using maximenuck7.1.7 and updated to maximenuck 7.1.8 and still have the same concern with Joomla 3.2.3

I wonder now if the "syntax" is still the same: [modname=NAME_OF_MODULE] or [modid=ID_DU_MODULE]

1. The login module is enabled at a random pos. Having ID 208. (also tried other module id for other modules)
2. Menu item created as a "Text Seperator", menu title is "[modid=208]" OR [modname=Login] OR [modname=mod_login] OR [modname=login_form]. Tried them all separately and non of them work.
3. In the menu where it should appear the following is shown: "Module ID=208 not found !" if using modid. "[modname=login]" if using any of the modname variants.

Probably I am doing something wrong, but can not put my finger on what it could be.

Best regards,
Ante
by Ante

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by ced1870 on topic Module placement inside maximenu

Posted 10 years 2 months ago #18006
Hi
[modid=208] should work, the modname is only for the old versio( removed because rendering not correctly).
Then check in your module 208 that it is published and assigned to all pages
CEd

Joomlack Webmaster and Developer

by ced1870

Replied by Ante on topic Module placement inside maximenu

Posted 10 years 2 months ago #18010
It is solved now :P
And just to give everyone who reads this a good laugh or some eye rolling, here is my confession:
For some reason unknown I went into "Extension manager" and then "Manage" there I found the the Login module and used the ID to the right. This was wrong. The right place to find the ID is off course in the Module manager (just as stated in the instructions) and correct ID is 16. Doh.
Last Edit:10 years 2 months ago by Ante
Last edit: 10 years 2 months ago by Ante. Reason: Wrong smiley

Time to create page: 0.612 seconds

Fast and powerful creation, customizable and responsive.

Read More

We have 1073 guests and no members online