Sub items dependant of active parent - No Effect

Sub items dependant of active parent - No Effect was created by makru83

Posted 12 years 6 months ago #720
Hi,

I have MaxiMenu CK 2 times on my Website, one is the MainMenu with dropdown, and the second one is shown in the Sidebar, as a plain Menu, which should show only current sub Items of the active parent Item.
Switching the Radio Button from "Sub items dependant of active parent" to Yes, doesn't do any Effect.
All Sub Items are still displayed.

As you can see on the attached Image, on the top Bar there is the Module with all regular MaxiMenu Functions, and on the right there is the MaxiMenu with the Descriptions hidden, but the single submenu from "Taxi" is still shown, even when I am under the Category "Bildergallerie". Any Solution?

Mario

Edit: Couldn`t attach the Image, so here it is uploaded to awesomescreenshots
Screenshot
Last Edit:12 years 6 months ago by makru83
Last edit: 12 years 6 months ago by makru83.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by ced1870 on topic Re: Sub items dependant of active parent - No Effect

Posted 12 years 6 months ago #721
hi
I don't see anything as your image link is broken. You should give me your url to see what happen.
For the second menu you should try with the native mainmenu from joomla. I know this option is quite strange and does not always react as wanted....

Joomlack Webmaster and Developer

by ced1870

Replied by makru83 on topic Re: Sub items dependant of active parent - No Effect

Posted 12 years 6 months ago #722
Hi,

sorry, the Page is on my local Server for now.
Here is the Link:
awesomescreenshot.com/049lrqva2

Yes, I did want to use the regular Joomla Module, but then I am not able to disable the Description.
All links would look like:
- Home || Startseite
- Taxi || Taxi Transfer

which would break the Layout (Length), and it would look very strange.

Mario
by makru83

Replied by ced1870 on topic Re: Sub items dependant of active parent - No Effect

Posted 12 years 6 months ago #723
Right !
did you test with the option 'start level'=1 and 'end level'=1 ? so it should not show the items under taxi, I hope ;)

by ced1870

Replied by makru83 on topic Re: Sub items dependant of active parent - No Effect

Posted 12 years 6 months ago #724
This works for only showing the Sub Items, but I want to display the Main Menu Items + current Sub Items of the active Parent Menu.
As it is with the regular Joomla Menu Module.

So, I guess you did implement it, but it does not work on some sites while it does on some other ones - Right?
by makru83

Posted 12 years 6 months ago #725
the function is quite different than the one implemented natively in joomla, but this is necessary in some case.
Which version are you using ? 1.5 or 1.7 ?

by ced1870

Time to create page: 0.720 seconds

Fast and powerful creation, customizable and responsive.

Read More

We have 405 guests and no members online