Set level 1 items to spread full width of site

Set level 1 items to spread full width of site was created by FranksBank

Posted 11 years 2 months ago #9237
Hi folks, hoping you might be able to assist...

I've been having this problem for quite a while... I can't seem to set the width of Maximenu to the full width of the website/menu 'container' (the menu component stretches across, but not the 'button' elements within it). I'd like the menu items to stretch across the width, evenly spaced. Future adjustments to the menu will then be spaced automatically. I know I can adjust padding to make it fit for now, but that will need another manual change if the user adjusts the menu in the future.

I have a backup solution using the standard Joomla! menu system and some CSS using "display: table;" for ul and "display:table-cell" for li, which works perfectly. But I can't get it to work with Maximenu. I'd prefer to fix it if I can as it's a lot nicer looking. So, can anyone help? I've trawled the web and the forum for a solution but haven't had much luck so far.

You can see 'the issue' here: www.mobilestaging.co.uk/test . The menu is stuck over on the left. As mentioned, I'd like it to stretch all the way across the width (960px) and be evenly spaced, like here:- go to the Pricing page which has the 'backup' menu as mentioned above, for comparison.

Another site I built using Maximenu has the same issue so finding a solution would be a great help.

So, many thanks for any help offered, and please let me know if any other information is needed. Am running J2.5 (all updates) and latest MaximenuCK.
Cheers,
Frank

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by ced1870 on topic Set level 1 items to spread full width of site

Posted 11 years 2 months ago #9243
Hi
I think the problem is due to the "float:left;" in
www.mobilestaging.co.uk/test/modules/mod.../moo_maximenuhck.css on

div.maximenuckh ul.maximenuck li.maximenuck

Ced

Joomlack Webmaster and Developer

by ced1870

Replied by FranksBank on topic Set level 1 items to spread full width of site

Posted 11 years 2 months ago #9248
Excellent! I had the feeling it would be something simple; I've commented out that line and it seems to have sorted it out. Thank you!

I've made the same adjustment to the other site I was having problems with, and with a few other tweaks that one is now working nicely too.

I've been going around in circles with this for a while now so it's great to have it fixed at last. Many thanks again :)

Cheers,
Frank

Time to create page: 0.654 seconds

Fast and powerful creation, customizable and responsive.

Read More

We have 1151 guests and no members online