VM Plugin and SubMenu population

VM Plugin and SubMenu population was created by mteahan

Posted 11 years 2 months ago #9178
Thank for your prior assistance in addressing some of the issues we were having with an earlier release of this module.

We have streamlined the number of categories a little and the virtuemart menu's are loading as expected, though some of the sub-menus are not appearing while others are quite complete.

All of the items under "Parts" and "Products" have subcategories and only one has shown up. Under Machine Diagrams, everything shows up perfectly.

Are the menus refreshed automatically, is there a way to have plugin attempt to re-populate the sub-menus? I think this has been addressed in French, but google translate isn't very good and my partner, while fluent in French is inept in anything tech.

The development site is:
www.espressoresource.com/devnew

I believe that everything is current and fact that it mostly works is encouraging.

I can provide back end privileges as necessary.

Thanks again,

Michael
by mteahan

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by ced1870 on topic VM Plugin and SubMenu population

Posted 11 years 2 months ago #9192
HI
I see multiple subemnus under "parts" and "products". Please explain me more in detail where is the issue.
What you can try is to unpublish the bad categories (that have an issue, and then try to recreate them one by one to see if it works or not)
Ced

Joomlack Webmaster and Developer

by ced1870

Replied by mteahan on topic VM Plugin and SubMenu population

Posted 11 years 2 months ago #9221
Thank you for taking a look. All of the menu items under "Products" have 2 and three levels of categories under them. If I un-publish and re-publish, will the plugin automatically repopulate the menus? I wasn't sure if there was another step. I will try that shortly, and thanks again.

Michael
by mteahan

Replied by ced1870 on topic VM Plugin and SubMenu population

Posted 11 years 2 months ago #9227
the plugin automatically takes the published categories. you must not republish the existing categories, but create a new one where the problem exists.sometimes the categories are corrupted, I don't know why

Joomlack Webmaster and Developer

by ced1870

Replied by mteahan on topic VM Plugin and SubMenu population

Posted 11 years 2 months ago #9232
It appears that if the sub-categories exceed 4, it doesn't generate them at all. Four and fewer work fine. It doesn't matter if set for "all" or "5" levels, it won't generate the submenus.

The reality is that I can work with fewer sub-categories as I have probably have too many already. Hopefully this is helpful should anything like it pop up.

Thank you
by mteahan

Time to create page: 0.697 seconds

Fast and powerful creation, customizable and responsive.

Read More

We have 490 guests and no members online