How to create separator line?

How to create separator line? was created by balubajc

Posted 11 years 4 months ago #7368
Hello

I just bought Maximenu CK, Maximenu CK Params and the documentation, and love it :) . I would like my menu to have a layout like joomla.orgs menu, so I have a couple of questions I really hope someone can help me with.

Question 1: How can I put in a separator line with the same width as the column?

Question 2: If I click on one of the top level menu items it stays gray when I hoover the cursor over some of the other top level menu items. Is it possible to easily change the setting so that only the top level menu item you hover over is gray?

Question 3: Is it possible to remove the rounded corners for the level 1 menu bar?

I have tried differnt settings with Maximenu CK Params, but it's so many possibilities for settings, both for the Maximenu module and the menue, that I get dizzy:).

I love the MaximenuCK,because it gives a great opportunity to organize a website with a lot of links :)

I hope someone can help me.

I'm working on this test site: w208415-www.php5.dittdomene.no

Best regards

Johnny

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by ced1870 on topic How to create separator line?

Posted 11 years 4 months ago #7371
Hi
1/ you can add a border to the column container using the css
2/ the grey color is defined in the css, you can change it in the theme file or use the plugin maximenu params to help you in changing the menu colors
3/ same answer as 2/

you must play with the options in the module "styles customization"
before people asked for options to change the menu styles, now you tell me that there are too many options ? ... this is not possible. ;)

first look in the module options
CEd

Joomlack Webmaster and Developer

by ced1870

Replied by balubajc on topic How to create separator line?

Posted 11 years 4 months ago #7372
Hi CEd

Thank you for the help. I will dive into it.

I didn't mean it was to many options, I just get dizzy:). This is a fantastic extension for Joomla, and I really look forward to learn more.

I'm not looking for a border for the column container, just a line to separate different subjects, like the line under Dummy title H2 link on page 12 in the documentation for the plugin maximenuck params.

Johnny

Posted 11 years 4 months ago #7378
this border is applied to the H2 tag in the css. Try to use a H2 tag, or use the css to customize it like you want.
Code:
div#maximenuck ul.maximenuck li.maximenuck span.separator {border-bottom:1px solid #000;}

by ced1870

Replied by balubajc on topic How to create separator line?

Posted 11 years 4 months ago #7385
Thank you so much for your help. I really appreciate it.

I'm far away from an expert in css, so I try with a couple of more questions. I cross my fingers and hope you are not fed up with me yet:)

I assume you mean that I change the css code in maximenuhck.php in the css3megamenu folder?

To learn more about the options for the layout of the Maximenu I change settings one by one in maximenuhck.php to see what the results will be. It works fine except when I try to change the settings below "h2 title" and the "h3 title". I thought that the h3 title is the column title you create when you make a link like "Column1[col=120]". I see that these tags have a line like "border-bottom:1px solid #000000;". Should this create separate lines?

When I use the line you gave me earlier today it makes one line for all the columns with title (se img attached if needed). Is it possible to separate it so that each column has a separate line?

Today I use artisteer to create Joomla templates. I have understood that artister-templates can make some challanges for maximenuck, so I'm interested in your Template Creator. Is this an ok application for people like me :) ? I have a computer science background, but I have not worked very much with web design.

I use the default Beez_20 template to test out the maximenuck.

I really hope you can help me with this also.

Best regards Johnny

Posted 11 years 4 months ago #7393

I assume you mean that I change the css code in maximenuhck.php in the css3megamenu folder?

yes that 's it

on the same item you can add a margin to get a space between the columns :
Code:
div#maximenuck ul.maximenuck li.maximenuck span.separator { border-bottom:1px solid #000; margin:2px; }

is this an ok application for people like me?

with template creator you can do more specific designs. Artisteer is a bit more ergonomic for beginners. That's my point of view :)

by ced1870

Time to create page: 0.831 seconds

Fast and powerful creation, customizable and responsive.

Read More

We have 694 guests and one member online