Several problems and a few suggestions

• Lao
  • Lao's Avatar Offline Topic Author

Several problems and a few suggestions was created by Lao

Posted 11 years 4 months ago #7273
Hello Cedric,

You already helped me implementing MMCK in the site I'm developing (v2.cimec.ro).
I'm using CSS3 Media Queries to get a responsive layout. For IE8 I'm using css3-mediaqueries.js and a distinct css.
The problems appear with the module in the top-right corner:
1 - When it's published it broke up the media queries in IE8
2 - If one of its menu items loads a module it broke up more the entire css in IE8
3 - The module loaded is a login module. If logged on and want to logout it pops a "Logout" button that should be on top of the other menu items but it isn't (z-index again?). This behavior is common in all browsers (FF, Chrome, IE)

If that MaxiMenu is unpublished or I use another menu module it works fine even in IE8.
Can you help? For testing the issue with login/logout you may use test/test. If you need an admin account just let me know by email.

Suggestion: it would be useful if the "dropselect" will show an indented list and display the active li according to the page viewed.

Best regards,
Lao
by Lao
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by ced1870 on topic Several problems and a few suggestions

Posted 11 years 4 months ago #7284
HI

"Logout" button that should be on top of the other menu items but it isn't (z-index again?).

yes but the best way here is just to put the login module at the end, so no other item will be over

If one of its menu items loads a module it broke up more the entire css in IE8

check that the loaded module in not in cause. You have a module login loaded and the layout is OK

When it's published it broke up the media queries in IE8

IE8 does not support mediaqueris, so you probably have a JS file that emulate this. You don't have any js error, so I don't know why this happens

Suggestion: it would be useful if the "dropselect" will show an indented list and display the active li according to the page viewed.

good idea, noted :)

Joomlack Webmaster and Developer

by ced1870

• Lao

Replied by Lao on topic Several problems and a few suggestions

Posted 11 years 4 months ago #7285
HI

"Logout" button that should be on top of the other menu items but it isn't (z-index again?).
yes but the best way here is just to put the login module at the end, so no other item will be over

I already thought of that, but that doesn't really solve the problem

If one of its menu items loads a module it broke up more the entire css in IE8
check that the loaded module in not in cause. You have a module login loaded and the layout is OK

The layout isn't OK in IE8, see the extra dark-blue gap, also the main .s5_wrap that should be 96% (instead is 100%). It may be that particular module the culprit, because with default Joomla login module the gap doesn't show up. But again, please help me solve that.

When it's published it broke up the media queries in IE8
IE8 does not support mediaqueris, so you probably have a JS file that emulate this. You don't have any js error, so I don't know why this happens

As I wrote in the first post, I'm using css3-mediaqueries.js and it works with IE8 until I publish that particular MaxiMenu. There are already 2 or 3 (I made one to replace the tamplate's default menu) other MaxiMenu modules on that page that not interfere with any other js. Beat me, I don't understand why.

Regards ;)
Last Edit:11 years 4 months ago by Lao
Last edit: 11 years 4 months ago by Lao.

Posted 11 years 4 months ago #7288

It may be that particular module the culprit, because with default Joomla login module the gap doesn't show up. But again, please help me solve that.

I have already tested a lot of modules, and each time there is a problem like this, the module (the one lodaed in the menu) is in cause. And you tell it yourself because you don't have any problem with the native joomla login module. So this is not in my scope.

other MaxiMenu modules on that page that not interfere with any other js

then it could be the login module too. Try with the native joomla module if the problem is the same

CEd

by ced1870

• Lao

Replied by Lao on topic Several problems and a few suggestions

Posted 11 years 4 months ago #7291

ced1870 wrote:

other MaxiMenu modules on that page that not interfere with any other js

then it could be the login module too. Try with the native joomla module if the problem is the same

CEd

I unpublished the login module, now it's only a submenu of type "Single article" (Joomla native). It still breaks the mediaqueries.js in IE8. If I unpublish that top-right MaxiMenu module all is working fine.
You can test it quite simple: resize your browser - when window size is < 970px then the .s5_wrap should be 100% (normal is 96%) and the FontControls should disappear. In FF works, in IE8 not (only when that top-right MMCK module is published).

Regards,
Lao
Last Edit:11 years 4 months ago by Lao
Last edit: 11 years 4 months ago by Lao.

Posted 11 years 4 months ago #7298
you should understand that I don't manage the s5 behavior and the css3-mediaqueries.js
I have tested and I don't see any error in the page, so I can't tell that maximenu have an issue. It works correctly
You should ask S5 why their template does not react correctly when adding the menu in this position, because what I understand is that only this position is in cause. And I'm not the developer of the template.

by ced1870

Time to create page: 1.107 seconds

Fast and powerful creation, customizable and responsive.

Read More

We have 1520 guests and no members online