responsive

responsive was created by steve_k

Posted 11 years 5 months ago #7127
Hi
joomla 3.02
latest maxmenu and perams 3.02

I am trying to get the sub menus to work as in your documentation and on the joomla site, everything is going ok except I cant see how it is responsive?

all my width options are in px,

on your home page your menu item "extentions" its sub menu expands 100% and as the page size reduces it reduces, how have you achieved this?
by steve_k

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by ced1870 on topic responsive

Posted 11 years 5 months ago #7129
Hi
this is in the preinstalled themes. Try with the theme css3megamenu, it should work.
CEd

Joomlack Webmaster and Developer

by ced1870

Replied by steve_k on topic responsive

Posted 11 years 5 months ago #7130
hi
I have the css3megamenu activated in the module, but i am setting the width of the sub menu in the menu perams, in the maximenuck style submenu,

I am setting the width to 720px and it is breaking out of my display as the media size reduces, as you would expect anything to do that has a set width,

you can see here on my dev site, the item under regions
www.solimarvillas.com/joomla3/
by steve_k

Posted 11 years 5 months ago #7133
in the file www.solimarvillas.com/joomla3/modules/mo.../moo_maximenuhck.css
on div.floatck replace the width:100% !important; with width:90% !important;
in fact it works, just with the margins it goes a bit out of the page
Ced

by ced1870

Replied by rmccoleman on topic responsive

Posted 11 years 5 months ago #7147
Hi Ced,

I have a question that relates to the above inquiry.

I am on Joomla 1.5. In using MaxiMenu the number one functionality I want is for the the menu dropdown to be activated via mouse rollover when the screensize is above a certain size, and to be activated via click when the screen is below a certain size (i.e. to work on a touch screen device like an iPad. I also would like to be able to do the other responsive stuff that is seen on the Joomla.org site.

What would i need to do to set up the module as I have described? I have played around with the 1.5 version of MaxiMenu and can't get it to perform the way I would like. Would it be necessary for me to upgrade to a higher Joomla version in order to get the desired functionality.

Thanks,
Ryan

Posted 11 years 5 months ago #7153

I also would like to be able to do the other responsive stuff that is seen on the Joomla.org site

joomla.org ? The only thing I see on this site is that the menu totally disappears on small screens

I don't support the 1.5 version of my extensions anymore, since we are now playing with joomla 3.
You would be able to change the behavior for the click by hacking the script, but I can't do it for you. you can have a look at the script for joomla 2.5 and look how it is made and add a mobile or screen resize detection
CEd

by ced1870

Time to create page: 0.770 seconds

Fast and powerful creation, customizable and responsive.

Read More

We have 757 guests and no members online