Problems when two menus on the same page

• Lao
  • Lao's Avatar Offline Topic Author

Problems when two menus on the same page was created by Lao

Posted 11 years 6 months ago #6356
Hello everyone!

CEd, congratulation for the marvelous extensions you build!

I have a website with 2 instances of MaxiMenuCK - one in "top-menu" and the other in "bottom-menu" position. I've set unique ModuleIDs for each, as "maximenutop" and "maximenubot".
For the menu in bottom I activated Direction - Inverse(BETA) option and it's working fine. Wanting to customize them individualy, I made a copy of the "css3megamenu" theme and name it "css3updown", in order to use it for the bottom menu. For the bottom menu is opening upwards, I edited it's css to show the fancy hover efect under the menu instead of being on top of it (top:40px). However it doesn't work as it seems its css gets overriden by the css of the top menu. If I disable the top menu it works fine.
Can you help? (temp site: ... edited by author)

Thank you!
Last Edit:11 years 6 months ago by Lao
Last edit: 11 years 6 months ago by Lao.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by ced1870 on topic Problems when two menus on the same page

Posted 11 years 6 months ago #6358
Hi
it works perfectly except that you don't have given the height:37px; to the fancy ;)
Ced

Joomlack Webmaster and Developer

by ced1870

• Lao

Replied by Lao on topic Problems when two menus on the same page

Posted 11 years 6 months ago #6359
Hi Ced,

It doesn't seems to work perfectly, can you be more specific?
Activate one menu item from the bottom menu, then inspect it with firebug. You'll see that "li.maxiFancybackground" styled in "/modules/mod_maximenuck/themes/css3updown/css/moo_maximenuhck.css" gets overriden by "/modules/mod_maximenuck/themes/css3megamenu/css/moo_maximenuhck.css". It doesn't matter if I give it a height.

Lao
by Lao

Replied by ced1870 on topic Problems when two menus on the same page

Posted 11 years 6 months ago #6363
you must set your styles in the file maximenuhck.php, at the end of the file you will find all necessary for the fancy
Ced

Joomlack Webmaster and Developer

by ced1870

• Lao

Replied by Lao on topic Problems when two menus on the same page

Posted 11 years 6 months ago #6364
OK, it works by adding a height to .maxiFancycenter in maximenuhck.php, but I still don't have an explanation why it reads a css file from another theme.
As I told you in the previus post, the current theme for the bottom menu is "css3updown", it reads the "moo_maximenuhck.css" from it but reads also the same "moo_maximenuhck.css" file from the "css3megamenu" theme which is assigned to the other (top) menu. Why???

Thanks anyway ;)

Well, forget my last question,I have to admit I was dumb :S

But I have another one: the "floatck RightFix" for the bottom menu has its corners all rounded but one - the top right. I think this was correct for a normal - dropdown menu (like the one on top). Can we have a correct auto-assigned square corner for a menu having Direction-Inverse?
Last Edit:11 years 6 months ago by Lao
Last edit: 11 years 6 months ago by Lao.

Time to create page: 0.669 seconds

Fast and powerful creation, customizable and responsive.

Read More

We have 730 guests and 2 members online