Displaying log in module on the maximenuCK

Displaying log in module on the maximenuCK was created by financialfaz

Posted 11 years 7 months ago #5888
Hi,
Thank you for making such a great extension freely available. I am impressed by the fact that you allow guest users to post questions on this forum without asking to buy a subscription!

I have just installed the maximenu_ck and was planning to put the 'login' module in the menu so that if you hover with the mouse then the login boxes and create account, forgot username etc links appear.

I have been able to create a maximenu_CK module and put it on the toolbar position of my website and selected the 'login' menu from the first option on the right.

However, on the button that appears nicely on the top of the website, as I hover, it does not seem to work, but if i click on it then it correctly takes me to the login page instead.

Please can you let me know how I can load the login module to appear as a dropdown?

Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by ced1870 on topic Displaying log in module on the maximenuCK

Posted 11 years 7 months ago #5890
Hi

Thank you for making such a great extension freely available. I am impressed by the fact that you allow guest users to post questions on this forum without asking to buy a subscription!

yes i do my best, I just don't know how long I will stay in this configuration as I have a lot of work :)

for your menu, you must use this structure:
- item level 1 : named "login", a standard link
-- sub item level 2 : parent is item 1, load the module with [modi=XX] or with the plugin maximenu params

ced

Joomlack Webmaster and Developer

by ced1870

Replied by financialfaz on topic Displaying log in module on the maximenuCK

Posted 11 years 7 months ago #5893
I wont be surprised if you change the configuration, there are 1000s of posts in this forum and you somehow manage to keep up!

Thanks for your reply, I am almost there I think!

item 1 - I created a new menu from the menu manager - 'login' (This is the menu maximenu_ck finds in the drop down list under basic options)

item 2 - I created a sub menu item again called 'login' and when it asked me to select the menu type, i selected 'login form' as menu type.

item 3 - I created another submenu with the title [modi=144] and menu type i selected login form, for parent i selected item 2

Now the website looks somewhat like this: www.skillslocal.com

I think I am having difficulties in calling the module for a menu item.

I completely understand if you do not have enough time to reply to this post. Hopefully if I keep playing with the plugin I will get somewhere.

Thanks once again. Faz
Last Edit:11 years 7 months ago by financialfaz
Last edit: 11 years 7 months ago by financialfaz.

Replied by ced1870 on topic Displaying log in module on the maximenuCK

Posted 11 years 7 months ago #5894
first, you are using the module accordeon CK and not maximenuc CK (what I see on your website)
if the module is not found, this is probably because it is not published and assigned to ALL pages

Joomlack Webmaster and Developer

by ced1870

Time to create page: 0.672 seconds

Fast and powerful creation, customizable and responsive.

Read More

We have 156 guests and no members online