Maximenuck - using template css

Maximenuck - using template css was created by k8fisher

Posted 11 years 7 months ago #5321
Hi I wonder if you could help Im trying to work out whats affecting a property of a menu using template css. So this is bit of a mash up situation. Have maximenuck, which is perfect but Id also like to use the templates css. Part of which defines an object which follows the menu when you rollover (from the template). Something seems to be affecting the height of this object which isnt proper to maximenuck. Ive searched and searched but cant find what might be affecting it, whethers its within the maximenuck code or the template code which affects the maximenuck.

Can anyone see what could be causing this as Ive been at it last few days but not getting anywhere

K

The url you could see this anomaly within the menu is at is:http://comtec.comtec-media.co.uk/infrastructure-overview

There's a menu at the top of the site (which doesnt use template css) and another underneath with "communications, datacentre, infrastructure" (which doesnt)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by ced1870 on topic Maximenuck - using template css

Posted 11 years 7 months ago #5328
HI
I don't understand what is wrong in your menu
CEd

Joomlack Webmaster and Developer

by ced1870

Replied by k8fisher on topic Maximenuck - using template css

Posted 11 years 7 months ago #5339
Hi It is a weird one I am sorry. The problem Im seeing is on the second menu on the page, this instance of maximenuck uses the templates css so its a bit of a problem for me working out if its maximenuck or the template css causing the item which appears when you hover over a menu item to be truncated strangely. Ive been trying to investigate whats causing the grey box to be truncated (maximenuck / template css pulled in by maximenuck).

If you hover over any of "Infrastructure, Servers, Storage, Virtualisation
,Networking, Security"

you'll see the grey box appear if I get maximenuck to pull in the templates css.

Im just stumped where the problem lies having rifled through and tweaked css to find out whats wrong. Any thoughts very welcome if you've chance.

K

Posted 11 years 7 months ago #5342
I think that you should change the height on div#maximenuckSOLUTIONS .maxiFancybackground .maxiFancycenter line 351 in comtec.comtec-media.co.uk/modules/mod_ma.../css/maximenuhck.php

this set the fancy height
Ced

by ced1870
The following user(s) said Thank You: k8fisher

Replied by k8fisher on topic Maximenuck - using template css

Posted 11 years 7 months ago #5345
Holy hoo haa you're the best! Could I ask I know you're an uber programmer, but which tool do you use to track down css clashes? I use firebug but couldnt see that one no matter how many times I went back to it.

Very very thankful.

Thank the lords and everyone in between ! :)

Posted 11 years 7 months ago #5346
lol
I use Firebug too :)

by ced1870

Time to create page: 0.728 seconds

Fast and powerful creation, customizable and responsive.

Read More

We have 450 guests and no members online