Indenting Menu Items

Indenting Menu Items was created by luciano991

Posted 11 years 8 months ago #5028
Hello,

First I want to say I love MaximenuCK. But the CSS is daunting. Not impossible but daunting. So I have banged my head against a CSS problem and I need some help.

On this page: creativehabitatvt.powershifthosting.com/index.php/ I have created a nice menu under Products. Using the MaximenuCK plugin I have tried to assign a class to the LI element of each menu item. The items in all caps have a class of catlink and the other items have a class of subcatlink. I would just like to indent the sublinks a bit if that's possible. But I feel like I have fallen through the looking glass.

Thanks,

Luciano

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by ced1870 on topic Re: Indenting Menu Items

Posted 11 years 8 months ago #5033
Hi
yes I understand that it is not so easy to play css in the menu, but that needed to avoid all possible conflicts with some templates or other extensions ...

look at the class you have given, you must not write ".subcatlink", but "subcatlink" in the plugin params.
CEd

Joomlack Webmaster and Developer

by ced1870
The following user(s) said Thank You: luciano991

Replied by luciano991 on topic Re: Indenting Menu Items:SOLVED

Posted 11 years 8 months ago #5054
Hello,

And thanks for the great replies. I was setting that class incorrectly as you pointed out.

However, after a good night's sleep I realized that I had been applying the class of subcatlink to the li element in the configuration parameters of maximenuck's plugin for menu items. I then realized that I could apply a class directly to the link itself using Joomla's Link Type Options panel and applying the subcatlink class directly to the link itself. So I added the following to my default.css document:

div#maximenuck a.maximenuck.subcatlink {
margin-left: 15px;
}

Et voila!

Merci and many thanks for this wonderful extension. When we start making columns the fun begins. It was also great to be able to put "captions" under the main menu items.

luciano

Replied by ced1870 on topic Re: Indenting Menu Items:SOLVED

Posted 11 years 8 months ago #5055
cool! :)
yes there are many options, in joomla and in the menu (with the plugin).
if you want you can leave a review in the JED
extensions.joomla.org/extensions/structu...op-a-tab-menus/11578
thx
Ced

Joomlack Webmaster and Developer

Last Edit:11 years 8 months ago by ced1870
Last edit: 11 years 8 months ago by ced1870.

Time to create page: 0.644 seconds

Fast and powerful creation, customizable and responsive.

Read More

We have 464 guests and no members online