Submenu right arrow Problem

Submenu right arrow Problem was created by jackibar

Posted 12 years 8 months ago #469
I was able to get the module installed and working! For some reason, my sub-menu "Newsletters" (under "The OO Program" main heading) isn't displaying properly. The right arrow that's supposed to be to the right of the text "Newsletters" seems to be covered up by the text! What setting do I need to change to fix this?

You can see it here:

overcomingovereating.com/joomla/

Thanks SO much!
Last Edit:12 years 8 months ago by jackibar
Last edit: 12 years 8 months ago by jackibar. Reason: Forgot to include link to site!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by ced1870 on topic Re: Submenu right arrow Problem

Posted 12 years 8 months ago #471
you are actually using the theme default2, this theme is to be used with the plugin maximenu params
www.joomlack.fr/en/Joomla-extensions/Men...ximenuck-params.html
If you don't use this plugin to give the column width, you must use the theme default.

Joomlack Webmaster and Developer

by ced1870

Replied by jackibar on topic Re: Submenu right arrow Problem

Posted 12 years 8 months ago #472
Thanks so much for the info! I did purchase the plugin and documentation and have played around with it. I'm thinking for my site I actually prefer not to use columns but just the drop-down, slide-out of the default template! :)

Another question, though - when I simply choose different colors using the plugin (for the backgrounds to get my purple and grey colors I want), it then seems to lose the "rounded button" effect. I'm assuming this is because the color is "overlaying" the graphics of the default template...?

If this is the case, would I change the colors by taking the default background images and changing the color of the image itself?

Thanks again so very much for this wonderful module!! It was just what I was looking for, and I *will* go to JED and give you a very positive ranking once I'm all set up :)

Posted 12 years 8 months ago #481

Thanks again so very much for this wonderful module!! It was just what I was looking for, and I *will* go to JED and give you a very positive ranking once I'm all set up

Cool ! thank you :)

I'm assuming this is because the color is "overlaying" the graphics of the default template...?

yes I think this is the cause. You can give a bottom-padding or margin to push the border effect out of the item background. This is some css modification that you must play with in the theme

by ced1870

Replied by jackibar on topic Re: Submenu right arrow Problem

Posted 12 years 8 months ago #484
Thanks so much for your help! I'm VERY close to what I want now... I just went in and edited the images to make them the colors I wanted :)

Then I copied all the css and php files so I could tinker with the original template. The only thing I still can't figure out is how to make the background color of the "child" items change to purple when hovered or active! Take a look:

overcomingovereating.com/joomla/

I tried adding:

div#maximenuCK ul.maximenuCK2 li a:hover {
background : #663399;
}

but that just changed the area right around the text instead of the whole block, which is what I want. Can you let me know where/how to edit this one more thing?!

Thanks again!

Posted 12 years 8 months ago #485
I think you should try
div#maximenuCK ul.maximenuCK2 li:hover {
background : #663399;
}

;)

by ced1870

Time to create page: 0.655 seconds

Fast and powerful creation, customizable and responsive.

Read More

We have 865 guests and no members online