Submenu keeps appearing after cursor leaves IE7-9

Submenu keeps appearing after cursor leaves IE7-9 was created by Danielc

Posted 11 years 10 months ago #3511
Hi everybody and thanks for reading.

I'm using Maximenu CK without mootools (because I find it more responsive) and I have some problems with IE 7 to 9 (not too bad, though).

Whenever I hover my mouse, it shows the submenus as expected, but then when the cursor leaves that section, the submenus keeps showing (it works ok in Firefox and Chrome).

I tried to make some changes in the CSS to workaround this problems, but it didn't work.

Could you help me, please?
by Danielc

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by ced1870 on topic Re: Submenu keeps appearing after cursor leaves IE7-9

Posted 11 years 10 months ago #3516
Hi
this is a known issue in IE (not really maximenu beacuse all css menu have this). You should use the mootools effect, and set it near 0 for the duration
CEd

Joomlack Webmaster and Developer

by ced1870

Replied by Danielc on topic Re: Submenu keeps appearing after cursor leaves IE7-9

Posted 11 years 10 months ago #3521
I really have seen other css menus working fine, but it does not matter. For what I can see, this CSS menu works a bit different from common CSS menus. Enabling Mootools for the menu and playing a bit with the times makes it work as expected..

Just one question.. As I understand, Joomla uses Mootools in many parts of the site. As your module uses Mootools too, the script won't be included twice, right?

Thank you very much!
by Danielc

Replied by ced1870 on topic Re: Submenu keeps appearing after cursor leaves IE7-9

Posted 11 years 10 months ago #3527
right ! it is based on the native mootools library included in joomla.
If you know some css based menu that does not have this issue in IE I would be interested to know it :)
Ced

by ced1870

Replied by Danielc on topic Re: Submenu keeps appearing after cursor leaves IE7-9

Posted 11 years 10 months ago #3558
Of course!

Here is some information about the bug in IE7:
css-class.com/articles/explorer/sticky/index.htm#b2
I really can't find other users to have the same problem with IE9 (at least not with the doctype right and so on)
In the same page there is an example of a pure css menu that works ok (at least in IE9 and Firefox, probably too in Chrome and IE7/8): css-class.com/articles/explorer/sticky/stickybug3.htm

Thank you very much!
by Danielc

Posted 11 years 10 months ago #3560
strange that it does not wotk on IE9 for you. This should work as the bug is only known on IE7.

by ced1870

Time to create page: 0.661 seconds

Fast and powerful creation, customizable and responsive.

Read More

We have 611 guests and no members online