border between div.floatck and level1 Root items

border between div.floatck and level1 Root items was created by rw1981

Posted 11 years 11 months ago #3082
Hi Cédric,

first of all, thank you for your great maximenu. I am loving it - it's perfect!

There is one point, that I cannot solve with css and because it is hard for me to explain in English, i've added a picture.

The first part (1) of the picture shows my navigation and an activated level1 root-item with no border-bottom.
The problem is the hover-effect of the item with submenu next to it (webdesign). If I move my mouse over webdesign then the submenu opens and because the submenu div-floatck has no border-top it looks very strange because everything is mixed and there is no border beetwes the diferent items (picture 2).
So I added a border-top to div.floatck (pic3). Now there is a border between the box and the item "Architekturfotografie", what i wanted and what is good.
But the problem now is, that there is also a border between the box and the parent item "Webdesign".
My goal is to delete this border partially like in picture 4 (photoshop), but I don't have an idea how to fix this. I tried to give a white border-bottom to ul.maximenuck li.maximenuck.level1.parent:hover in order to "overwrite" the border-top of floating box, but this doesn't work. The floating box overwrites every css-definition of the parent's borders.

Do you know what I mean?

Do you know how to fix my problem? Please, i hope so.

I really do appreciate your help. Thank you!

Best wishes
Rene

****************EDIT:
I think changing the z-indexes will be the right way, but i don't know which I have to change... :-(
Last Edit:11 years 11 months ago by rw1981
Attachments:
Last edit: 11 years 11 months ago by rw1981.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by rw1981 on topic Re: border between div.floatck and level1 Root items

Posted 11 years 11 months ago #3098
Do you know what my I mean?
Sorry for my bad English....

Replied by ced1870 on topic Re: border between div.floatck and level1 Root items

Posted 11 years 11 months ago #3101
Hi
yes I understand, but there is no easy way to do this...
look at joomlack.fr or joomla.org, the menu is done without top border on the submenu
Ced

Joomlack Webmaster and Developer

by ced1870

Replied by rw1981 on topic Re: border between div.floatck and level1 Root items

Posted 11 years 11 months ago #3103
Hi Ced,

I know the menu of your site and of joomla.org, but in my opionion they are different. Joomla.org doesn't use active-menus and your active-items have rounded corners at the buttom.

In my case it looks really strange and the user wouldn't know which item is the hover- and which is the active-one.

In my poinion the only thing i have to do is to put the floating box behind the hover-item in the main-menu.
If that is possible i can activate the border-top of the floating box, with the result, that there is a border beetween the activated-item (next to the hover-item) and the box. By adding a white border-bottom to the hover-item, the border-bottom would be over the border-top od the box and cover it.

So the one-million-dollar-question is: how can I put the hover-item in front of the floating box? :-)

THANK YOU

Time to create page: 0.709 seconds

Fast and powerful creation, customizable and responsive.

Read More

We have 554 guests and no members online