Can the submenu push page content below it down

Can the submenu push page content below it down was created by bretsong

Posted 12 years 10 months ago #261
Hi,

thanks for a great extension.
I'm wondering if you could help me?
I'm not brilliant at CSS and have to move very slowly to change one item at a time until I find the right spot. What I would like to know is, can I set up the menu (using CSS or javascript) to push the content below it down when the submenu expands. So I click on an item in level0 which expands level1 submenu. I'd like that to push whatever is below it in the page down to make the menu expansion fit. Not sure if this is easy or not. The other thing is, if that can't be done, at the moment, when the submenu is expanded, it is sitting behind the module below it. I know that the problem is something to do with z-index and overflow:hidden but I'm not sure why it isn't working. z-index for this submenu is something like 10000. I'm not sure where I need to change overflow settings and are they set to hidden or visible or what?

Sorry if this is confusing and thanks for any help you can give me. I'll keep working on it until I hear something but just in case someone has time to look, the url is bretsong.com/Blackbay
On that page, under the rotating banner image, there is a row of 4 icons that when rolled over, display a box with some text in it. That is the area I would like to be visible and push the rest of the page down.

Kind Regards
Brett

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by ced1870 on topic Re: Can the submenu push page content below it down

Posted 12 years 10 months ago #262
if you just want to put some text over your images, why not using a tooltip extension ?
www.joomlack.fr/Extensions-Joomla/Media/...tipgc-infobulle.html

however it seems that you have some css issue in your template, looking more as overflow:hidden issue. Use firebug to debug and test :)

Joomlack Webmaster and Developer

by ced1870

Replied by bretsong on topic Re: Can the submenu push page content below it down

Posted 12 years 10 months ago #271
Hi and thanks for your help,
I'm wondering if you might be able to help more with what you saw in the template that might be an issue. I am building this site with someone else so I don't necessarily understand all the areas he has worked on and also the template came with a lot of css that we aren't using.
I'm not very good at looking at the css and getting the full picture, especially when it comes to positioning, hiding and displaying blocks like this.

Any more specific help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks for the idea about the tooltips. If I can't work this out I will try it but I'd love to be able to push the content down to display this menu when it expands.

Kind Regards,
Brett

Time to create page: 0.651 seconds

Fast and powerful creation, customizable and responsive.

Read More

We have 1063 guests and no members online