iPad works great, Kindle Fire causes problems

iPad works great, Kindle Fire causes problems was created by kfolger

Posted 12 years 1 month ago #2102
I recently updated the menu on Joomla 1.5 after testing on 2.5 to get the iPad compatibility when accessing drop-down menus. The problem I have is when I tested on a Kindle Fire, the menu doesn't work like it does on the iPad. The site is www.epworth.com . As a fix for many of the menus before updating we were using the # sign for the top menu links. To test the problem I go to epworth.com, click on About Us, then go to Our Staff. On the iPad, I click on Our Staff and the three staff categories appear. If I click Our Staff again, I'm taken to the Our Staff page. On the Kindle Fire, I click Our Staff, can see the flyout, but takes me instantly to the Our Staff page. I never have a chance to click on one of the three categories if I wanted to.

It seems to be a new world with all these devices.

Thanks,
Kyle
by kfolger

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by ced1870 on topic Re: iPad works great, Kindle Fire causes problems

Posted 12 years 1 month ago #2108
hi
the menu does not recognize the Kindle because it is a specific user_agent. I will check this.
But I see on your website that you did not activate the mootools effect, you must have it to switch for mobiles.
Ced

Joomlack Webmaster and Developer

Last Edit:12 years 1 month ago by ced1870
Last edit: 12 years 1 month ago by ced1870.

Replied by kfolger on topic Re: iPad works great, Kindle Fire causes problems

Posted 12 years 1 month ago #2112
On the iPad, when I enable mootools, I go to About Us/Our Staff. When I click on Our Staff, the menu expands as expected. However, when I click Our Staff again it doesn't visit that link. With the mootools effect disabled, the Our Staff link works great. I had tried it both ways.

On the Kindle Fire, I have tried it both ways.

Thanks,
Kyle
by kfolger

Replied by ced1870 on topic Re: iPad works great, Kindle Fire causes problems

Posted 12 years 1 month ago #2114
yes this is the correct expected behavior, else you would not be able to close the menu again if you redirect on the parent link.
CEd

Joomlack Webmaster and Developer

by ced1870

Time to create page: 0.868 seconds

Fast and powerful creation, customizable and responsive.

Read More

We have 807 guests and no members online