Problem with menu theme

Problem with menu theme was created by kfolger

Posted 12 years 1 month ago #2055
I tried to search for the answer but couldn't find it. I did find that I need to back up my theme and uninstall and then reinstall the module to upgrade in Joomla 1.5. I didn't realize that in 2.5 you didn't need to uninstall first. Well, I am slowly migrating to 2.5 on my test subdomain and had the menu working perfectly with my old template. I uninstalled the module not knowing I didn't need to, copied the theme from my 1.5 install and tried to apply to the updated module in 2.5. It doesn't work at all. I thought I experienced this the first time I installed 2.5, but I'm not sure the steps I took to fix it.

The domain is test.epworth.com. I'm not quite sure what I did but the CSS just doesn't seem to be getting applied. Is there a specific change I need to make that is different from the 1.5 theme.

The live site is www.epworth.com . This is what the menu is supposed to look like and what Joomla 2.5 version looked like before uninstalling and reinstalling.

I realize I should have also backed up the copy of my theme in 2.5 before uninstalling, but I screwed up.

Thanks,
Kyle
by kfolger

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by ced1870 on topic Re: Problem with menu theme

Posted 12 years 1 month ago #2057
hi
yes there are some changes between the version 6 and older of maximenu
A little tuto here (in french)
tutoriels-joomla.joomlack.fr/tutoriels-j...s-maximenu-ck-6.html

uppercase are changed to lowercase, and level0 become level1 (with all sublevel changed accordingly, to stick to the new joomla structure)
CEd

Joomlack Webmaster and Developer

by ced1870

Replied by kfolger on topic Re: Problem with menu theme

Posted 12 years 1 month ago #2059
Thanks a lot. That worked great.

Kyle
by kfolger

Time to create page: 0.657 seconds

Fast and powerful creation, customizable and responsive.

Read More

We have 718 guests and no members online