Parse error in helper.php after moving from dev

Parse error in helper.php after moving from dev was created by Philipp K

Posted 12 years 10 months ago #199
Hey there,

I recently made a joomla-template in wich I used Maximenu CK for the first time. It worked like a charm in my dev-environement and I was able to set up a neat little menu.
I just transfered the whole website from my dev-system to the live-servers (on the usual way: FTP'ed to the server, edited the configuration.php and inserted the db-content via phpmyadmin) and now I'm getting the following error:
Code:
Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '&', expecting T_VARIABLE or '$' in /path/path/path/path/joomla/modules/mod_maximenu_CK/helper.php on line 169

If I turn off the module, the site works fine and the content is displayed correct. I even tried to uninstall/reinstall the module with absolutly no effect.

Can anybody point me to the right direction? Did I miss something as I transfered the data? Could it perhaps be the PHP-Version?

System Info:
Joomla! 1.5.23 Stable
Maximenu CK: mod_maximenu_ck_4.19_j15
PHP: 4.4.9
DB: MySQL 5.0.91-log
Webserver: Apache
Safe-Mode: off
Register Globales: on

I did not used any of the "fancy stuff" like link-descriptions, multi-column-layout etc.

If you need more information about my setup or anything else, I will supply them as fast I can.

Any help is appreciated, thanks in advance.

Philipp
Last Edit:12 years 10 months ago by Philipp K
Last edit: 12 years 10 months ago by Philipp K.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by ced1870 on topic Re: Parse error in helper.php after moving from dev

Posted 12 years 10 months ago #200
looking on the maximenu page on Joomlack.fr you would see that maximenu NEEDS PHP 5 TO WORK

Joomlack Webmaster and Developer

by ced1870

Replied by Philipp K on topic Re: Parse error in helper.php after moving from dev

Posted 12 years 10 months ago #204
Damn, that was way too obvious ;)

I swear I will read the system requirements next time *before* I write a post.

Thanks again for your reply and thanks for this great extension! Keep up the good work.

Time to create page: 0.626 seconds

Fast and powerful creation, customizable and responsive.

Read More

We have 684 guests and no members online