Background image is not shown for menu item with image assigned

Hi
I've been trying to create a tile style menu with Maximenu CK and I'm not quite happy with the result yet. The problem is that the menu title is not well readable. To ensure readability, I want to put the title on a colored bar. I have proceeded as follows.
So that the image of the Menu-Tile is only displayed on the Tile-Menu and not on the Accordeon Menu, which is visible on the right side, I load the image via the entry "Maximenu CK Styles - Normal state" under "Background image". Now I load another image under the style of the corresponding module at the entry "Menu-Link - Background Image". This image consists only of a colored bar. The menu title should be displayed on this colored bar. Unfortunately, this second image is not displayed as long as an image is assigned to the menu item. Under this link you can see what I mean.
On the last tile I left out the menu image, so that the bar is visible.
Under this link you can see how the final result should look like.
This Tile-Menu is designed with another module and should be replaced by a Maximenu CK - Tile-Menu.
So my question is: how can I place the second image (colored bar) on top of the first one (menu image) but underneath the title, so that both images and also the title are visible? Or is there another way to increase the readability of the title ont the tile without changing the font size or color? I could place the title below the tile, but I don't like the look of it.

Greetings from sunny Switzerland and thank you in advance

Paul
by pasti68

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Hi

nder this link you can see what I mean.

sorry but this url returns a 404 error, I can not see what is the current state of your investigations
CEd

Joomlack Webmaster and Developer

by ced1870

Ups - sorry! I am still making some changes...
The URL for the Maximenu CK in tile style is: www.jaervi.ch/index.php/beitraege . As you can see, the menu title is barely visible... On the last tile I omitted the image, so you can see the colored bar which should be display as an overlay over the menu item image, but is not as long the menu item shows an image.
And the URL with the old example, how it looked using another extension and how it should look again using Myximenu CK, is: www.jaervi.ch/index.php/2023
Hope you find a solution!
Kind regards
Paul
by pasti68

here is a css code that you can add in your template or in the maximenu styles to make the menu look as you want :
Code:
.titreck { display: block; position: absolute; bottom: 0; left: 0; right: 0; background: #f5e5d6; padding: 10px; opacity: 0.9; border-radius: 3px; } a.maximenuck { height: 100%; }

Joomlack Webmaster and Developer

by ced1870

Great! Thank you so much!
Actually I missed a tile style menu in the presets of Maximenu CK. But with a little workaround I managed to create one of my own. I like very much the many many setting options of both the Maximenu CK and the Accordeonmenu CK! What I missed in the style section of the Maximenu CK is an option for setting the size of the tiles / menu items. But I managed to set it in the custom.css file.
Greetings from today rainy Switzerland!
Paul
by pasti68

Time to create page: 0.682 seconds

Fast and powerful creation, customizable and responsive.

Read More

We have 764 guests and one member online