Getting placeholder rather than actual Font Awesome icon in menu

I haven't figured how to use Font Awesome icons with MaximenuCK menus and just get placeholder when I add
Code:
fa fa-dashboard
to the Link Class field.

I am using a template created in Template Creator which loads Font Awesome Library and Bootstrap. Interesting I have to select "Automatically" rather than "Yes" to load the Font Awesome Library.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by ced1870 on topic Getting placeholder rather than actual Font Awesome icon in menu

Posted 2 years 5 months ago #62380
Hi
Please give me the url of the page so that I can check the problem
CEd

Joomlack Webmaster and Developer

by ced1870

Does the confidential
This message contains confidential information
tag hide my reply from everyone else apart you?

Replied by ced1870 on topic Getting placeholder rather than actual Font Awesome icon in menu

Posted 2 years 5 months ago #62384
yes it is hidden for others but you shall better use the contact form to send me these infos

also I did not ask for admin access, just the url of the page in front :)

I see that you have added a css class on the anchor in Maximenu CK, and you are not using the icon option
Go in the module >> source >> menu >> edit >> you can see your items >> click on the icon selection button and select your icon
in the maximenu module >> advanced >> load font asesome >> YES

don't load it from the template

you have to worry about the version, because Maximenu CK uses now the FA V5, but the V4.7 is loaded in your page using the template
This is the problem when using such libraries, the versions are changing and not backward compatible ...

CEd

Joomlack Webmaster and Developer

by ced1870
The following user(s) said Thank You: easistudio

Go in the module >> source >> menu >> edit >> you can see your items >> click on the icon selection button and select your icon

Wow.. never seen this page before.

in the maximenu module >> advanced >> load FontAwesome >> YES

This looks quite new as well.

My last serious involvement in web design using Joomla was back in 2017 (dabbled a bit earlier this year) and it seems you have really developed Maximenu far beyond it's previous capabilities.

If anyone has been reading this particular thread and interested in doing the same as me, I have included 3 screenshots to assist.

Note that you don't add anything in the Link Class under Link Type within the Menus: Edit Item.

Instead all this is done within the specific MaximenuCK module for that particular menu (Extensions >> Modules).

Click the edit button and the below panel appears.

Here is the result below (the observant amongst you will notice I changed the Profile icon between taking screenshots).

Last Edit:2 years 5 months ago by easistudio
Attachments:
Last edit: 2 years 5 months ago by easistudio.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ced1870

Time to create page: 0.666 seconds

Fast and powerful creation, customizable and responsive.

Read More

We have 960 guests and no members online