Components will not upload, php post and max upload too small

This is really giving me the pips. Since you updated the maximenuck from version 8 to version 9, I have had nothing but trouble. I have 23 sites that use this component and the rubbish you have to go through, it makes me think, is this really worth it. Initially, when I updated, it lost all of the borders and the second colors of the gradients. Now, before I try and update the component, I have to export my settings so that when I have an issue, I have a chance of importing. This still gives small issues, but I can fix this. I now have to install a component manager which I have to go to my account and put in the license in each site. Now, after doing all this, I try to install the maximenu-pro 9.0.14, it throws an error stating that the post and max filesize is too low in the php. This is set to 16MB in both, set in cpanel php selector/options. It just seems like every time I go to to update any of my sites, instead of it taking a couple of minutes, it takes about half an hour and invariably doesn't get installed. I am over this crap and will be looking at something else. What a waste of money and time. This was a good product that I have used for many years, but now, I feel that it isn't worth the effort anymore.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by ced1870 on topic Components will not upload, php post and max upload too small

Posted 3 years 8 months ago #57347
Hi
I understand that you can be frustated if you encounter some problems
- if you are using Maximenu CK for years, you shall know that I put many effort to develop it and especially in the backward compatibility with the new version
I have opened a discussion about that here
forum.joomlack.fr/index.php/4-maximenu-c...maximenu-ck-v8-to-v9

- if you have some issues, don't hesitate to contact me here on the forum, instead of spending days alone and loose you hair ;)
- the licence code is nothing new, this exists since years and was already the same for the V8 + Params
- the error that you get about the filesize is nothing related to Maximenu CK ...
you can still download the file manually on joomlack.fr from your account if you want to test the update manually

For info since yesterday, my products are also compatible with Watchful to allow the automatic update through multiple websites

Now please tell me where you are blocked and what you need so that we can work together on that
CEd

Joomlack Webmaster and Developer

by ced1870

Replied by avonrivercs on topic Components will not upload, php post and max upload too small

Posted 3 years 8 months ago #57369
Ok, I will take you through my misery step by step. I have set the upload_max_filesize to 4MB and the post_max_size to 4MB and I am now able to install the component. All good so far. There is a warning to migrate the module and click this and it gives me a message that it has migrated successfully. There is another warning to tell me that I am using V8 and that I should upgrade this to V9. I select this and now there is no formatting of my menu at all. I go back and select Load Compiled CSS to yes as this has worked before, but still no styling. I create a new style and then import the exported V8 style. I click save and there is still no styling. I go back and set the load compiled CSS to No and now, I have the styling back. Why is it that some site have this set to yes and others set to no? Now I have to install the extension manager and go in there and input my license which means I have to log in to my account and get it from there. I do appreciate that some of these things need to be done to keep up with evolving technology particularly with the Internet and websites, but I think a lot of these steps could be simplified for example add the extension manager to the module zip folder. That way both would be installed and activated at the same time. By the way, this step by step was a dream compared to yesterday. Yesterday, I got the module installed, installed the extension manager, all was well at this point, went to the module to import the style, imported the style, saved and went to the frontend to see the changes and no pages would display and resulted in a 404 error. Nothing else had changed and the only way to get the site back online was to restore a previous backup. This was why I was so frustrated yesterday. Anyway, it seems to have worked now, so that's another site I have updated. I apologise for the terse post yesterday, I guess I just needed to vent and this was the last straw. All the best, Steve

Replied by avonrivercs on topic Components will not upload, php post and max upload too small

Posted 3 years 8 months ago #57370
Just an update, I updated 3 websites with no issue this morning. When I got to number 4, I went through exactly the same procedure and had no formatting. I imported the file I exported before updating and any settings that had a gradient has lost the second colour and looks like crap. When I add the second colour back in, it does not display the second colour and the site lookd bad.I even tried to reset the style and import the exported file and still doesn't do anything. I have tried to install the module again and even tried to install an earlier version. Looks like I am going to have to do a restore again.

Replied by ced1870 on topic Components will not upload, php post and max upload too small

Posted 3 years 8 months ago #57371
I will try to answer you step by step

Why is it that some site have this set to yes and others set to no?

by default is to NO, which load all the files without optimization. Set it on NO to be sure to load everything correctly for v8-v9 update

aved and went to the frontend to see the changes and no pages would display and resulted in a 404 error

I have never heard before that the update would result into a 404 error on all pages. This is very strange !
The module only displays the url into a menu, it does not managed the url itself and does not trigger such 404 error
I think that there shall be something else in this problem

This was why I was so frustrated yesterday.

I understand

Anyway, it seems to have worked now,

that is great !

When I got to number 4, I went through exactly the same procedure and had no formatting

check that you have the "complied css" on NO as discussed before
I don't have such problem with the gradient, but I will check again by my side to be sure.

When I add the second colour back in, it does not display the second colour and the site lookd bad

if you set up the color in the new module, it shall work. when you say "it looks bad", this is only due to the gradient ? or is there something else ?
if you can give me a frontend url with the problem, I can check in the code what could be wrong

let me know so that we can work together to avoid such situation

by ced1870

Posted 3 years 8 months ago #57372
when you have the problem with the styles that disappear after the update, please go in the advanced options >> Module compatibility >> set it on "Legacy V8" and tell me if it works or not

by ced1870

Time to create page: 0.722 seconds

Fast and powerful creation, customizable and responsive.

Read More

We have 1253 guests and one member online