Maximenu CK multiple languages German - English

Maximenu CK multiple languages German - English was created by MarcK

Posted 3 years 11 months ago #56281
Hello support / forum,

I may need your help or tips on who can help me.

I did not find any comparable entries in the forum. So yesterday I registered as a user here.

I had to update the menu on my website because version 8 of the Maximenu CK extension has been discontinued. After the update to version 9 of Maximenu CK everything worked and not only looks better, I was also able to fix some bugs and make the menu more user-friendly.

However, I don't get the menu in multiple languages. So the German menu is perfect, but the English menu is completely missing.

Perhaps it is because of this: I cannot get a language link for the individual menu items. I can link the reference language and the target language, and then save. The storage is virtually not available.

I have never created a menu in multiple languages. I don't know if I have to do something different at Joomla or in the Maximenu CK extension.

I tested the modules for the English and German modules on: "only on selected pages" and "on all pages". Both settings had no effect on the problem and were not a solution.

I am looking for someone with experience in multilingual menus under Maximenu CK knows, I do not know whether it is due to the Maximenu extension.

I can send screenshots.

Can you help me or give me a tip? Do you know someone who can help me

I'm really looking forward to your answer.

Stay healthy.

Best regards
Marco
by MarcK

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by ced1870 on topic Maximenu CK multiple languages German - English

Posted 3 years 11 months ago #56284
Hi

version 9 of Maximenu CK everything worked and not only looks better, I was also able to fix some bugs and make the menu more user-friendly.

great :)

for the multilanguage, I will be clear : Maximenu CK does nothing more than the native joomla menu module does
so if you have a problem to configure it with multiple languages, the problem would be the same for "mod_menu", and this is something to do in your website, not in Maximenu CK

By my side I have it working since years with 2 languages without problem :
- setup 2 languages in your website
- set 1 home menu item for each language
- create 1 menu (in the joomla menu manager) per language
- create 1 module per language (1 module for english, 1 module for german), set the language for the module and select the menu for the correct language

that's it, it shall work
CEd

Joomlack Webmaster and Developer

by ced1870
The following user(s) said Thank You: MarcK

Replied by MarcK on topic Maximenu CK multiple languages German - English

Posted 3 years 11 months ago #56285
Thanks for your very quick reply. I will try and then give feedback.

Thank you for your help. Problem solved. It works!
Had an understanding problem. I try to describe it: In the mod for the English module you have to select the English menu from Joomla under Source ==> Menu to render ==> Select ==>. the English menu can be selected from joomla menu manager.
Last Edit:3 years 11 months ago by MarcK
Last edit: 3 years 11 months ago by MarcK.

Time to create page: 0.803 seconds

Fast and powerful creation, customizable and responsive.

Read More

We have 1225 guests and no members online