How to handle a menu with a lot of items in a submenu?

Hi,
first of all thank you very much for helping me with the topic "how to set all submenus on top position"! Your tipp works fine.
But now there is another issue:
The first submenu has 10 items. That seems to determine the height of the complete menu (background). But my submenu (level 4) has 15 items. The last 5 items are only very hard to see.
As described in the PARMS documentation, I have set the value of the Z-index level (module advanced) to 15. But nothing happens.

1) How can I make the background of the complete menu as large as the largest submenu?

2) Another idea could be to change the height of the submenu items for this submenu with the many items. I tried to do so using the field for "submenu height", but again nothing happens:

In addition I could not find any explanation for this field in the documentation, so I do not know what this field is doing.

What could I try either?
Thank you very much for any helpful idea!
giselaantony

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by ced1870 on topic How to handle a menu with a lot of items in a submenu?

Posted 4 years 2 months ago #54863
Hi
the "height" field will set the height of the submenu :) (in px)
in your case, you are using the "tabs" layout , right ? in this layout the submenus for a vertical menu have automatically the height of the parent
in your image, I think that you want to change the height of the menu items, not the submenu itself. Try to play with the padding/margin settings in the styles customization interface
CEd

Joomlack Webmaster and Developer

by ced1870

Replied by giselaantony on topic How to handle a menu with a lot of items in a submenu?

Posted 4 years 2 months ago #54864
Hi,
thank you so much for this fast reply!
I understand and will try.
Please explain, if you know: For what is the Z-Index Level parameter for?

Replied by ced1870 on topic How to handle a menu with a lot of items in a submenu?

Posted 4 years 2 months ago #54865
the zindex value is used to place the menu over other items in the page
by checking your screenshot again, this is may be the solution. But I'm not sure, please give me the url of your page so that I can check

by ced1870

Replied by giselaantony on topic How to handle a menu with a lot of items in a submenu?

Posted 3 years 9 months ago #56797
Hi,
I still work with this issue!
Now I have installed a copy of the website, with this URL you can see the problem - and try inside the backend whatever you want!
wiki2020.cio-marburg.de/administrator/index.php
administrator: test
password: test
Notice that you have to use the Login to see everything in the frontend, because this is a website for registered users. You can use
User: gast
password: gast
to see the website as a "normal registered" user.

The problem is, that not all menu entries on the 3. level are visible.
If I change the maximenu and set the height of the 1. menu level to "540 px", the first item of the 1. level is 540 px high, after that the other menu items can be seen.
Not nice and not usable.
If I keep it like it is, the menu items of the 3. level are not visible.
Look in the menu:
-> Behandlung der Multiplen Sklerose (1. level)
-> Therapie der schubförmigen MS (2. level)
-> only the first 10 menu entries (3. level) are clear to see ...

In the meantime I found a solution as workaround (added several separators in the 1. level of the main menu). That of course enlarges the whole menu. But I am not happy with workarounds, because this website is administered and written by several people; there should be a solution in the maximenu module itself!

Thanks for help!
giselaantony

Posted 3 years 9 months ago #56801
Hi
please confirm which layout you are using. I suppose that this is not the default ?
you can fix your issue with this css code
Code:
.floatck { bottom: auto !important; }
but it will also adapt the height of all submenus
CEd

by ced1870

Time to create page: 0.693 seconds

Fast and powerful creation, customizable and responsive.

Read More

We have 331 guests and no members online