Menu not showing

Menu not showing was created by WebWizardPro

Posted 7 years 5 days ago #40884
I have a developer's tools menu and a code journal menu. The Developer Tools menu is displaying above the body as hoped; the code journal menu will not show on the right. You can see that the module is positioned there because the space provided for any module loaded to the right position is visible, in which it collapses when there are not modules present in the position, so I know its there but the menu isn't displying at all. I'm not sure why. The menu items are marked for Public access as is the Maximenu CK module that should be displaying the menu. You can view the location here: webwizardworkshop.com/index.php/the-developer-s-code-journal

UPDATE 3/23/2017 @ 1413 EST: Okay, so as a work around I moved the entire code journal menu to the development tools menu with Code Journal as a text heading parent, like the others in the development that are working; I verified all the settings are the same as far as image, margins, padding, etc. and removed the other module for the standalone journal menu since I was including it in the other menu. I figured if I got one working i'd just extend it to include it. But those items still are not showing up even on the working module.
Last Edit:7 years 5 days ago by WebWizardPro
Last edit: 7 years 5 days ago by WebWizardPro.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by ced1870 on topic Menu not showing

Posted 7 years 4 days ago #40891
Hi
there is a white space but nothing in the code in your right column so the module is not loaded
have you set the "base item" option on current in the module ?
CEd

Joomlack Webmaster and Developer

by ced1870

Posted 7 years 4 days ago #40892
PS: and assigned to all pages

by ced1870

Replied by WebWizardPro on topic Menu not showing

Posted 7 years 4 days ago #40900
As stated in my update of the original message: I moved the code journal menu items to the development tools menu, since the development tools menu was working fine with Maximenu CK; and still the code journal menu items did not display. When I did that I removed the code journal MCK module from the right position. Now that menu is a part of the Developer Tools menu. The developer tools menu is being displayed by the MCK module, but the new code journal menu items are not displaying. You can find that menu on the same link. It should have 4 parents, not 3. Why will these menu items not show up, even in a working module? Are those menu items missing a setting required for it to be viewable by MCK?

Posted 7 years 3 days ago #40912
ok
check in the "item options" of the menu link, that you have the option "show in the menu" set to YES

by ced1870
The following user(s) said Thank You: WebWizardPro

Replied by WebWizardPro on topic Menu not showing

Posted 7 years 23 hours ago #40960
Yeah, I figured it out Friday night and got it going. Thanks for your help ced1870. Loving the system.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ced1870

Time to create page: 0.739 seconds

Fast and powerful creation, customizable and responsive.

Read More

We have 1054 guests and no members online