Espace réservé aux bonne idées et suggestions pour Joomlack.

PHP upgrade to 8.x causes Maximenu CK Lite to fail

PHP upgrade to 8.x causes Maximenu CK Lite to fail was created by Gurdip

Posted 1 month 2 weeks ago #71382
Hi,

My host recently discontinued lower versions of PHP and only has version 8.x now. I have upgraded the template and other modules that are compatible. But the Maximenu no longer opens in Joomla 3, though I do not see an error.

I am using Maximenu CK lite version 10.0.12, which appears to be the latest version on your site. Any ideas how I can resolve this?
by Gurdip

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by ced1870 on topic PHP upgrade to 8.x causes Maximenu CK Lite to fail

Posted 1 month 2 weeks ago #71383
Hi
please go in the config of your website >> server >> debug >> yes
then tell me if you have an error message
CEd

Joomlack Webmaster and Developer

by ced1870

Replied by Gurdip on topic PHP upgrade to 8.x causes Maximenu CK Lite to fail

Posted 1 month 2 weeks ago #71384
Hi. Debug does not show any errors.
But setting Error to Maximum shows the following on frontend and backend (however I can't revert back; changing the config file does not show the site - I have to replace it with an older copy of the file. Very strange):

Errors:
Deprecated: Joomla\Input\Input implements the Serializable interface, which is deprecated. Implement __serialize() and __unserialize() instead (or in addition, if support for old PHP versions is necessary) in /home3/trek3/public_html/libraries/vendor/joomla/input/src/Input.php on line 41

Deprecated: Return type of Joomla\Input\Input::count() should either be compatible with Countable::count(): int, or the #[\ReturnTypeWillChange] attribute should be used to temporarily suppress the notice in /home3/trek3/public_html/libraries/vendor/joomla/input/src/Input.php on line 170

Deprecated: Joomla\CMS\Input\Input implements the Serializable interface, which is deprecated. Implement __serialize() and __unserialize() instead (or in addition, if support for old PHP versions is necessary) in /home3/trek3/public_html/libraries/src/Input/Input.php on line 31

Warning: session_name(): Session name cannot be changed after headers have already been sent in /home3/trek3/public_html/libraries/joomla/session/handler/native.php on line 128

Deprecated: Joomla\CMS\Input\Cookie implements the Serializable interface, which is deprecated. Implement __serialize() and __unserialize() instead (or in addition, if support for old PHP versions is necessary) in /home3/trek3/public_html/libraries/src/Input/Cookie.php on line 0

Warning: session_cache_limiter(): Session cache limiter cannot be changed after headers have already been sent in /home3/trek3/public_html/libraries/joomla/session/handler/native.php on line 235
Error: Failed to start application: Failed to start the session because headers have already been sent by "/home3/trek3/public_html/libraries/vendor/joomla/input/src/Input.php" at line 41.

I do not see an error specific to Maximenu. Chrome's console not helpful either.

by Gurdip

Replied by ced1870 on topic PHP upgrade to 8.x causes Maximenu CK Lite to fail

Posted 1 month 2 weeks ago #71385
ok, I think that your problem is not related to Maximenu CK but to your PHP version
may be that you have used a too high version because Joomla 3 is an old program and does not run on PHP 8.2 for example. You can use it on PHP 8.0

Joomlack Webmaster and Developer

by ced1870

Replied by Gurdip on topic PHP upgrade to 8.x causes Maximenu CK Lite to fail

Posted 1 month 2 weeks ago #71389
I see.
The options I'm left with are PHP versions 8.1, 8.2 and 8.3. I'll have to look into upgrading the J4/5.

Thanks for your prompt replies. Much appreciated.
by Gurdip

Time to create page: 0.744 seconds

Fast and powerful creation, customizable and responsive.

Read More

We have 1351 guests and no members online