Espace réservé aux bonne idées et suggestions pour Joomlack.

Accordion CK newest

Accordion CK newest was created by popsrus

Posted 4 months 1 week ago #70424
I'm trying this ck accordion menu out before going to the upgrade, and I just can't get it to work correctly for my situation.  There's nothing wrong with the module from what I can see.  I'm on Joomla 4.4 runnning PHP 8.1 on my VPN server.  I need the menus to close within a single box, rather than a list displayed down the side.  It works fine, say if I want to have a menu showing all 50 states, but I  have to do regions such as WEST, then states in the west are listed under that parent item.  That gives me the  + accordion option to close and hide each region, and it works fine, though I'd like to hide all regions into 1 expandable menu that would show the Parents first when opened.  That's not really a big issue, as I can work around that being my last structure was the same for the states portion.  However, I am rebuilding a site with a lot of menus throughout articles positioned on the side, and want to close them up, but without having a region such as SOUTHEAST, and then having to close just the states under southeast.  Not using a Parent, all the states appear as individual menus with no option to close. I don't want to rebuild 1000 menus by adding an additional url path (i.e. Cities) and having to 301 each link to include "Cities" in th url to match what google has for me. Google currently has " www.XXXX.com /alabama-xxxxx."   Any ideas how to achieve this?  I had a menu called DC Bullet Accordion that would close up any single list of menu links without needing a parent or placeholder with no problem, but it doesn't work with J4.  The menu structure that works on CK currently looks like this:

Southeast
-Alabama
-Arkansas
-Florida
-etc.
They will all close up to the Southeast level and only show the Southeast.  That's fine for those sections, though I would prefer the entire menu to close into a single titled label such as "Active States," then drop click the menu to display the regions, then the states of the region the user clicks.  That's just a wish list, as the real issue is below.

The real problem is when I don't have the Southeast parent menu and just have states listed and linked to their pages such as:
Alabama
Arkansas
Florida
etc.
Those have no way to close, so 50 states are listed down the side of my page and it looks bad, old html bad!  Again, if I add the southeast to the structure and make it a parent item, the title Alias is going to break my google logged url and force me to 301 the entire site except for the few state pages I already have in the "Southeast" > states, from the old site listed this way on google and in my site.
Any help is greatly appreciated.  Thanks in advance.
Few images attached.  The SE and SW are the url Parents with the state listed below, and works fine other than SE parent displaying with its own drop down, and the Jacksonville is the menu item having no parent and no option to close them all up into a single menu drop.
by popsrus
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by ced1870 on topic Accordion CK newest

Posted 4 months 1 week ago #70426
Hi
check in the module options >> start + end level : what have you set ?
>> base item : is it on current or none ?

the "southeast" menu item shall be shown in your menu as this is the 1st level of your menu
CEd

Joomlack Webmaster and Developer

by ced1870

Replied by popsrus on topic Accordion CK newest

Posted 4 months 1 week ago #70436
Thanks for responding.  Base item = Current.  Changing this doesn't effect anything.  The start is set to 1, and end level = All.  I played around with those as well and still doesn't collapse the menu.  As I stated, I can get the menu to collapse when using a parent (i.e., Southeast), but even then, those parents (i.e., Southeast, Northeast, Southwest, etc) still show each title with click to open option and won't collapse and hide into just a labeled button.   I'm more concerned with the menus that I can't use a parent with due to google / 301 redirects, such as the list of states.  Any parent placed in to use as a holder uses that in the url and adds, thus the 301 redirect need.  Sorry to be so thorough, just don't want to miss any details.  In conclusion, I need:  .

ck Module on right side of page only showing a label:  States Services  >  when clicked to open, it would then display all the states serviced expanding down.  When clicked again, it can hide all the states and just show the "States Services"    

Thanks in advance.
by popsrus

Posted 4 months 1 week ago #70437
Please give me the url of the page so that I can check

by ced1870

Replied by popsrus on topic Accordion CK newest

Posted 4 months 1 week ago #70442
At the moment it's offline being built.  Is this even possible in with ck.  It seems that everything I have tried leads me to having to use a parent menu to enable the accordion.
by popsrus

Posted 4 months 1 week ago #70443
look at the demo here
www.joomlack.fr/en/joomla-extensions/accordeonmenu-ck

this is the menu structure
if you want to enable it from a child item, you must use the level option

by ced1870

Time to create page: 0.732 seconds

Fast and powerful creation, customizable and responsive.

Read More

We have 923 guests and no members online