Slideshow CK + Virtuemart Plugin Acting Strange

Slideshow CK + Virtuemart Plugin Acting Strange was created by tim92109

Posted 8 years 7 months ago #29188
Hi,

First, let me say, I think there is just too much going on with 3 independent slideshows on the home page... but the client gets what the client wants. They're not all showing at the same time, but I'm sure they're all loading at the same time.

Another issue could be that the area the slideshow loads in is much smaller than when it actually displays - so I'm wondering if the images are loading dynamically to fit the size of the element.

Here's the issues: Sometimes the first image or the first and second load at about half the size they should - and are left justified. Sometimes images don't load. And occasionally it works perfectly.

My question is... would it help if I used some jQuery to not load the slideshow until the area that contains it is full size (after clicking it)? Or would that be pointless?

You'll probably have to see the page to see what I'm talking about: sykik.com
(each of the 3 companies have it's own slideshow that displays once you click the corresponding box)

Thanks!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by ced1870 on topic Slideshow CK + Virtuemart Plugin Acting Strange

Posted 8 years 7 months ago #29192
Hi

First, let me say, I think there is just too much going on with 3 independent slideshows on the home page... but the client gets what the client wants. They're not all showing at the same time, but I'm sure they're all loading at the same time.

Ok I see ;)

what I see is that you are not using the normal way to show your page and you have added some custom code in your page

jQuery('.slideshowck').hide().delay(2000).fadeIn(200);

this could be the cause. Try to remove these lines and test again
CEd

Joomlack Webmaster and Developer

by ced1870

Replied by tim92109 on topic Slideshow CK + Virtuemart Plugin Acting Strange

Posted 8 years 7 months ago #29202
That was my attempt at making it wait to load the slideshow until that element was enlarged (after you click). But it only hides it. My theory is that the slideshow is loading when the element is small (before you click). I thought if it waits to load until you click that element (and it enlarges) that it would load the images at the correct sizes.

Do you know if it would be easy to modify that jQuery to load the slideshow 'on click' as opposed to just hiding the element until the 'on click'?

I just removed it so you can see that it doesn't really change anything.

Replied by tim92109 on topic Slideshow CK + Virtuemart Plugin Acting Strange

Posted 8 years 7 months ago #29206
I just found a way to fix the issue (99% fixed)... I put an 'on click' and 'delay' on the jquery that loads the slideshow in mod_slideshowck.php...

old:
$js = "<script type=\"text/javascript\"> <!--
jQuery(function(){
jQuery('#camera_wrap_" . $module->id . "').camera({

new:
$js = "<script type=\"text/javascript\"> <!--
jQuery('.homeBox').delay(1000).on('click', function(){
jQuery('#camera_wrap_" . $module->id . "').camera({

I have another concern now. I tried modifying the file and creating it in my template at /template/html/mod_slideshowck/mod_slideshowck.php ... but it's not using it as an override. Thought I had accomplished this before with other modules, but maybe only for module templates (in tmpl directories). Is there a way I can modify this and keep it safe during future updates?

Replied by ced1870 on topic Slideshow CK + Virtuemart Plugin Acting Strange

Posted 8 years 7 months ago #29207
you can not override this file, you can only do it with the file in the "tmpl" folder...
so for this projects I'm afraid that you have to hack the module

Joomlack Webmaster and Developer

by ced1870

Time to create page: 0.717 seconds

Fast and powerful creation, customizable and responsive.

Read More

We have 1299 guests and no members online