Local flash video problems with menus in IE

More
9 years 1 month ago #29156 by Pulsator
Hi

I am having a problem with flash video display on a new website.

Previously I have placed the videos on YouTube and then used the share codes to display these and IE seems to have no issues with this approach.

A new client wants to use a locally placed file but when this is displayed the drop down menus appear behind it. I can see the wmode=transparent on the code snippet used to place the flash video but it seems to have no effect in IE11 and earlier. MS Edge is fine.

Be grateful for any help as this video file needs to display responsive full width.

Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 1 month ago #29170 by ced1870
Hi
you can try to play with the z-index, but I know that using Flash under the menu can cause such problems, and this is not a problem coming from the menu... :(

CEd

Joomlack Webmaster and Developer

More
9 years 1 month ago #29173 by Pulsator
Hi

Tried the z-index but I know Flash has a serious problem with obeying the box model and does not adhere to z-index settings.

Normally, setting wmode to transparent resolves the problem and this appears to be the case with the external video files such as those from YouTube. The issue appears to be restricted to files which are located locally in a video folder within the site.

Is Slideshow CK using a different structure for displaying externally sourced files?

I would just create a YouTube account for the client and put the file there if it wasn't for the need to span the available view-port width.

Regards

More
9 years 1 month ago #29182 by ced1870

Normally, setting wmode to transparent resolves the problem

yes :)

Is Slideshow CK using a different structure for displaying externally sourced files?

it does not use anything, just use a iframe with the url to the video. I imagine that you are pointing to a local player on your server to play your video

Joomlack Webmaster and Developer

Time to create page: 0.531 seconds

Fast and powerful creation, customizable and responsive.

Read More

We have 1108 guests and one member online