Multiple instances on a single page?

More
9 years 4 months ago #27455 by mberman14
Hi, CED,

I've been trying to create a page with a different slideshow inside of 3 tabs in a single article. I saw on another forum post that it should be possible to have more than 1 instance of the slideshow on a single article. I published each of the slideshows to a different made-up module position. Here is the source code for the article:

Code:
<p>{tab Lower School}</p> <p style="text-align: center;">{loadposition lsartgallery}</p> <p>{tab Middle School}</p> <p style="text-align: center;">{loadposition msartgallery}</p> <p>{tab Upper School}</p> <p style="text-align: center;">{loadposition usartgallery}</p> <p>{/tabs}</p>

What seems to happen, though, is whatever tab I go to first, that slideshow is fine, but the others don't work. Here is the page.

Is there something special I need to do to get all 3 working?

Thanks,
Matt

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 4 months ago #27459 by ced1870
Hi
you can have multiple instance in the same page. the problem here is that the slidehow is in a div that is not shown, then the script can not calculate correctly all what is needed.

if you test the 3 slideshows outside the tabs, it shall work.
Not sure how the tab system interacts with the slideshow
CEd

Joomlack Webmaster and Developer

More
9 years 4 months ago #27460 by mberman14
Hmmm, ok, I think all the tabs plugins I know of use divs. So, you are saying that multiple slideshows won't work inside divs, so I can't use tabs? Do you know of any sites that have successfully put slideshows in tabs?

Thanks,
Matt

More
9 years 4 months ago #27461 by ced1870
give me the url to download the tabs extension so that I can test (if it is free)

Joomlack Webmaster and Developer

More
9 years 4 months ago #27467 by mberman14

More
9 years 4 months ago #27551 by mberman14
Well, now I'm completely befuddled. Since I couldn't get the 3 slideshows to work with a tabs plugin, I tried just hacking a fake tabs setup just by putting in buttons with links to different pages. The first one looks fine:

www.nuevaschool.org/category-holds/arts-...-student-art-gallery

but the 2nd and 3rd have the picture stretched out to a couple thousand pixels wide (the actual picture file is only 900 px wide).

I've tried different settings (adjust pictures or not, fixed width or auto, etc.) but nothing makes a difference.

Any idea what's going on?

Thanks,
Matt

Time to create page: 0.571 seconds

Fast and powerful creation, customizable and responsive.

Read More

We have 1531 guests and no members online