Adding video to slides

More
9 years 4 months ago #27310 by Marsh
Adding video to slides was created by Marsh
I have successfully managed to add a video to my web page by using a link to YouTube, but there remain a couple of issues I cannot resolve.
1. It only seems to work if I add in a photo as well. I guess I will need to have a screen shot from the video, so that it looks correct, but it does seem strange that this is necessary. It seems that in an older version, there was a selector, where you could choose photo or video, which no longer appears. So is it true that I must have the photo as well, or have I misunderstood something.

2. when the video comes around on the web page, I have got it to show without all the YouTube extras, but I cannot seem to get it to run to the end. I assume it is still taking the default viewing time as set for the photos. I have played with the "ms" setting box, but this seems to have little effect, and cannot work out what this does. So do my video clips have to last for the deafult time set for the photos?
Many thanks, as this is a trully wonderful Joomla module.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 4 months ago #27317 by ced1870
Replied by ced1870 on topic Adding video to slides
Hi
1/ also in the old version you needed the image, the selector was in fact useless that is why I removed it
the image is needed for the transition between the slides.

2/ you can use the "ms" field to increase the time for this slide only. It shall work

let me know
CEd

Joomlack Webmaster and Developer

More
9 years 4 months ago #27318 by Marsh
Replied by Marsh on topic Adding video to slides
Thank you so much for the quick reply, especially at a weekend.
Please clarify how I can get it to show the whole video clip. Do I need to limit the clip to the default time for viewing the photos, or is there another setting I have missed.
Merci bien,
Steve

More
9 years 4 months ago #27329 by ced1870
as you can see on the demo on joomlack.fr :
1/ you see the video slide
2/ click to play the video
3/ the slideshow stops so that the video can play entirely

do you have added the autoplay to your video ?if yes, without the click the slideshow can not know that it must stop

More
9 years 4 months ago #27339 by Marsh
Replied by Marsh on topic Adding video to slides
Once again, thanks Cédric for your response to my question.
I am so close to having a working solution, it is frustrating.
In answer to your question, yes I am naturally using autoplay, as in effect I am with the photos - I don't want someone to have to click on the screen to keep it rolling.

As you say the video also needs a photo to trigger the transitions, so I took a screen shot of the first frame of the video, in the hope it would merge with it, but there is a delay between the two with a black window, so this did not help and makes it unusable to me for video.
I have been playing with the Display time setting, and this does allow me to get to the end of the video clip (7 seconds), but at the expense of the photos having to use the same value, which is really too long.

So I will stick with just using static photos, with which it works well.
Many thanks for a fabulous tool and for your professional approach to users.
Over and out.
Steve.

More
9 years 4 months ago #27341 by ced1870

but there is a delay between the two with a black window

look at

at start you have the black window... this is not a bug from the slideshow, just something that is on the video

but at the expense of the photos having to use the same value

only if you use the global setting in the module options, you can set a custom value for each slide, then just use the 7000 ms for the video slide

Many thanks for a fabulous tool and for your professional approach to users.

thank you :)

Time to create page: 0.561 seconds

Fast and powerful creation, customizable and responsive.

Read More

We have 1718 guests and no members online