SlideshowCK height not responsive

More
10 years 5 months ago #18908 by shaynadc
Hello, first off, love everything from joomlack, great modules.

Working on a responsive template where I've set the width and height of my slideshow ck both to Auto. Width works perfectly, but the slideshow is set to a default height of 60px, instead of being proportional to the width of the image, preserving the original ratios.

I know what the problem is. This is being caused by the fact that the module stylesheet sets all the containing divs to an absolute position, making the outermost wrapping div not "recognize" any content inside to set the height accordingly. I just would like to know if you're aware of this and if there is a fix to it.

Thanks so much!
Shayna

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 5 months ago #18911 by ced1870
Hi
please search on this forum, you will see that the "auto" value for the height does not work
you must use a % value like explained in the module documentation
CEd

Joomlack Webmaster and Developer

More
10 years 5 months ago #19129 by tim92109
This is confusing. According to the tool tip on the module you can only use pixels or 'auto'. I put 100% in both height and width and get the same thing as if I put 'auto' in... it does not show up at all.

Since I have not experienced this before using this module, I'm thinking it is a bug in the Joomla 3 version. Basically, putting anything other than a number in these fields (for pixels) does not output any style attribute... thus is not responsive since you have to have a pixel amount in both fields for it to work in J3.

More
10 years 4 months ago #19138 by ced1870
please use "auto" for the width, and for example "40%" for the height

More
10 years 4 months ago #19177 by tim92109
I've tried the following:
used "auto" for width and "40%" for height (with quotes)
used auto for width and 40% for height
used auto for height and 900 for width
used auto for both

Looking at the styles that are compiled, it seems unless it is just a solid number, there is no width/height attribute associated with it.

I threw a different 'responsive' slideshow module in the position and it worked fine. Unfortunately, this module is not nearly as nice as SlideshowCK, but I'll have to go with it for now.

Is it maybe required that you buy the 'params' plugin for '%' and 'auto' to be recognized?

More
10 years 4 months ago #19178 by ced1870
give me your url to check, the plugin params is not needed for this. it should work with the settings I have given

Time to create page: 0.594 seconds

Fast and powerful creation, customizable and responsive.

Read More

We have 1848 guests and no members online