Youtube video in slideshow - bug(?)

More
10 years 11 months ago #14464 by sg
Hi guys,

I hope someone will be able to help me :)

I am using Slideshow CK for both images and videos. Now I have a module with two slides: an image and a video (youtube). The video slide also has an image attached (because if it doesn't the slide doesn't work. I hoped it would just take the youtube cover image, if no image was selected, but that's not the case, right?).

Anyways, while it does work with the video, it acts a bit odd while sliding (and it doesn't in the demo for this module, so I guess I must've missed some setting?):

When the module gets to the second slide, which is the video slide, it starts by showing the image - then (quickly) reloads to show the video. Then, just before sliding to the next slide, it shows the image again.
This happens fast, but still it looks like the slider is a bit buggy, because the slide is being reloaded.

Is there anyway to prevent this?

I realize this might be a bit bad explained, but maybe someone has experienced the same problem.
I can send a link to the site I'm referring too, but as it's a client's site I'm afraid I can't share it in public.

Best regards

/sg

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 11 months ago #14465 by ced1870
Hi
It does the same on joomlack.fr, but the image is quite the same as if it was the video shown. Then the user don't really see the difference. This is the only way to work....
CEd

Joomlack Webmaster and Developer

More
10 years 2 months ago - 10 years 2 months ago #21044 by aida-com
I have the same problem. I use a picture, which looks like the Video, but when the page ist loaded, the slideshow gets black for a second or so.
www2.aida-communications.de/GZ/index.php/de/
I can`t use the module while it does this. do you have an idea, how I can change this? The images as background image?

Thanks
Alex

Edit: I think YouTube's the problem. Can I upload from other sites too (additional to vimeo)?
Last edit: 10 years 2 months ago by aida-com.

More
10 years 2 months ago #21045 by ced1870
Hi
yes this is a youtube problem, you can check the same issue with the youtube url
then yes, you can use vimeo video also
CEd

More
10 years 2 months ago #21052 by aida-com
Unfortunately I can't use vimeo (commercial use only with paid Account).
Do you have an alternative for me?

Thanks
Alex

More
10 years 2 months ago #21053 by ced1870
I'm not a video hoster ;)

Time to create page: 0.529 seconds

Fast and powerful creation, customizable and responsive.

Read More

We have 758 guests and no members online