Homepage Slideshow showing on article links

Homepage Slideshow showing on article links was created by bex-dk

Posted 10 years 7 months ago #13938
I have tried to set up a slideshow that I want only shown when showing my homepage. But although I set it up to the "home" link on the menu, it also displays when going directly to a link to an article. That really doesn't work well, because I try to use some direct article links to send customers to complementary products, but then the slideshow fills so much of the space.

Can you advise me on how to modify settings so it really only shows when you click home on the menu or go to the start page?

It otherwise works and looks perfect for the start up. I just need it not to show when I don't want it to.

Thanks for any advice you can give me.
by bex-dk

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by ced1870 on topic Homepage Slideshow showing on article links

Posted 10 years 7 months ago #13942
Hi
sorry but this is the native joomla assignment option, I don't manage this by my side in the module. You must wheck your website configuration ....
CEd

Joomlack Webmaster and Developer

by ced1870

Replied by bex-dk on topic Homepage Slideshow showing on article links

Posted 10 years 7 months ago #13943
Thank you. Do you have any idea where in joomla to look for another option? I am not very good at this stuff.
by bex-dk

Replied by ced1870 on topic Homepage Slideshow showing on article links

Posted 10 years 7 months ago #13944
try to find some help on the forum.joomla.org to see why this option does not work correctly

Joomlack Webmaster and Developer

by ced1870

Replied by bex-dk on topic Homepage Slideshow showing on article links

Posted 10 years 6 months ago #13968
Thanks again for the help. This is apparently a very common issue with assignment by menu items. Anything without a menu item gets everything assigned to home.

I resolved the issue by downloading a more advanced module management extension that dealt with it better. So my problem is solved and my slideshow only shows where and when I want it to.
by bex-dk

Time to create page: 0.638 seconds

Fast and powerful creation, customizable and responsive.

Read More

We have 887 guests and no members online