Cannot open Slideshow CK module

Cannot open Slideshow CK module was created by buntu

Posted 10 years 8 months ago #13038
Hi ced1870 (he mostly answers here!)

I just installed Slideshow CK module. But whenever I go to module manager to open/create a slideshow Ck module the page just doesn't load. The tab favicon keeps rotating on a white page and nothing happens. I have tried it both on FF and Chrome. Removed cookies.. restarted the system.. Nothing happens.

I am on Joomla 2.5.14.

Any ideas what could be the problem? I have read a lot about this extensions, would love to use it..

Thanks in advance.. :)
Last Edit:10 years 8 months ago by buntu
Last edit: 10 years 8 months ago by buntu.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by ced1870 on topic Cannot open Slideshow CK module

Posted 10 years 8 months ago #13039
Hi
this seems like a conflict, try to unpublish all your system plugins one by one and test
CEd

Joomlack Webmaster and Developer

by ced1870

Replied by buntu on topic Cannot open Slideshow CK module

Posted 10 years 8 months ago #13045
Ok. I think I found the plugin which was making this go bad. Fortunately it was the first plugin itself!
Its an extension called SocComments. I use it for FB comments along with jComments. I need that plugin!!

Is there a solution for this?

Thanks for the reply! :)
by buntu

Replied by ced1870 on topic Cannot open Slideshow CK module

Posted 10 years 8 months ago #13056
ok, but this plugin should not work in the backend, right ? and your problem is that you can't access the backend of the module ?
then you should contact the dev of this plugin to tell him to not launch its plugin in the joomla backend.

Joomlack Webmaster and Developer

by ced1870

Posted 10 years 8 months ago #13061
I just disabled it and it turns out my FB comments is still working fine. So I am thinking I will keep it disabled and see if something wrong comes out.

Now to get to using your wonderful extension!

Thanks.. :D
by buntu

Posted 10 years 8 months ago #13118
Hello Ced.. I just had an unrelated and a n00b doubt so thought I'd put it here instead of opening a new thread.

So in the the slideshow lets say I have 15 images, when loading will all these 15 images be loaded at once? Or will they be loaded as their number comes?

I am asking this because I used this slideshow to display images with 900px and png images which will be around 10-15 in numbers. And when I tested how much is being loaded on my page it around 3-4mb. So I had the doubt if the images load together or one by one when their chance comes?

Thanks.
by buntu

Time to create page: 0.648 seconds

Fast and powerful creation, customizable and responsive.

Read More

We have 803 guests and no members online