Slideshow & Video on one page

Slideshow & Video on one page was created by Breda

Posted 10 years 9 months ago #11857
Hi CDe,
I have 2 slideshows on one article in Joomla 2.5. One of them just plays images, and I have them opening in a lightbox. The 2nd slideshow is for videos, I only have 1 in at the moment, it's a link from Vimeo.
My problem is when I click on the slideshow images and the Lightbox opens it displays 2 of the large image, one under the other?
I have turned off the video module and the above does not happen.
I have made a new module from the wrapper option and used the same url and this does not happen either so it seems to be the 2nd slideshow that is causing the problem.

A second question I have is about the autoplay on the video. I have the video set in Vimeo to not auto play, in the test module using the wrapper the video does not play. But when I am using the slidesjow CK module it is autoplaying. The transition is coming up and even when I try to stop the video it starts to load again.
Anything I can do about this?

I can't paste a url on an open formum but I can send it by email if you wish.

Thanks for your help.
Breda
by Breda

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by ced1870 on topic Slideshow & Video on one page

Posted 10 years 9 months ago #11860
Hi
1/ have you disable the lightbox option in the second module ?
2/ for the video I have no idea of what happens, have you tried with the preinstalled data, does it work correctly ?
CEd

Joomlack Webmaster and Developer

by ced1870

Replied by Breda on topic Slideshow & Video on one page

Posted 10 years 9 months ago #11878
Hi CEd,
1 - I can't see a way to disable the lightbox option? I have clicked on Lightbox and it has the Lightbox Type, and Show the caption, I can't see a way of disabling it?
Since the 2nd module is a video I don't have anything in the Link Options under Slide Manager.

2. I have tried the preinstalled video and it does not autoplay. Do you know if the default in Vimeo is auto play or not as I thought it was set to not autoplay by default?

Thanks,
Breda
by Breda

Posted 10 years 9 months ago #11882
try to use the mediabox ck as lightbox (you can choose it in the lightbox options of the module)
www.joomlack.fr/en/joomla-extensions/mediabox-ck
may be it can fix the issue

by ced1870

Replied by Sakerfalke on topic Slideshow & Video on one page

Posted 10 years 9 months ago #12059
Dear Forum members,

first I want to thank you very much for this wonderful module Slideshow CK and this forum.
I also have a problem with embedding videos in die Slideshow which should be possible.

If I add a video from youtube or vimeo it does not autoplay and it shows the youtube images.
I would appreciate an immediate autoplay for all videos in between my images...

If I add a link to a mp4-Video-file in the video line of the Slideshow CK module line, for instance: "images/Videos/Banner_ViV_piston.mp4"
it does not play the video but instead it offers a link to download it! LOL! XDDD

What can I do to embed my own videofiles which are located on my own server!???

Many thanks for any quick and helpful answer!

Posted 10 years 9 months ago #12066
Hi
for the autoplay you must add the variable in the url (depending on the youtube or vimeo code)
then sorry but no, you can't load a local video ... this would need a specific player embed in the slideshow
CEd

by ced1870

Time to create page: 1.310 seconds

Fast and powerful creation, customizable and responsive.

Read More

We have 463 guests and no members online