Width not resizing properly in older ver of Safari

Width not resizing properly in older ver of Safari was created by BenMurphy

Posted 11 years 1 month ago #9508
Hi, first of all thanks for a great plugin. It was one of the only ones I could find that met all of the needs I had for a good responsive design, use of video and so on.

I'm having trouble with the slideshow in an older version of Safari though. In every other browser when the image gets wider than it's original width it simply scales up as is desired. However my client experienced different behaviour in an "older version of safari" which I've managed to replicate with Safari 4.0.5 (which i did using multi safari from here; michelf.ca/projects/multi-safari/ ). What happens is that at smaller sizes the image scales to meet the width as expected, but once it passes a certain point (I think the actual original width of the image) it stops scaling to meet the right edge and starts just stretching vertically. I assume there's something going wrong with the javascript calculations?

I've included a screenshot and you can see the website we're developing at the temporary url www.prahranwebdesign.com

Thanks in advance for any help.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by ced1870 on topic Width not resizing properly in older ver of Safari

Posted 11 years 1 month ago #9511
Hi
I don't have sarafi 4 and I'm not under Mac.
Then my recommandation would be to upgrade the safari version of your customer because it is not a solution to stay with an older version and want all the nice things to work as expected.
Sorry I don't have any solution for this, may be try to change the image dimensions so that this bad effect does not happen (as I have understood your issue)...
CEd

Joomlack Webmaster and Developer

by ced1870

Replied by BenMurphy on topic Width not resizing properly in older ver of Safari

Posted 11 years 1 month ago #9527
Haha a rather understandable response. Unfortunately in this instance it is the client for whom we are developing the website and they are a bit stubborn. So I thought it would be worth asking, however I totally understand your position. Thanks anyway.

Time to create page: 0.709 seconds

Fast and powerful creation, customizable and responsive.

Read More

We have 733 guests and no members online