Incompatibility with JA Popup plugin

Incompatibility with JA Popup plugin was created by joan carles

Posted 11 years 8 months ago #4837
Hi all, I'm using a joomlart template called JA Puresite, and one of the extensions embedded in the template is called JA Popup.

Well, the question is that I'm having incompatibility problems between the JA Popup plugin and the Slideshow CK (super!!) module. I need to disable the JA Popup if want to see Slideshow CK running as expected. With the JA Popup enabled slideshow doesn't appears in the home page.

I've been reading in some others threads in the forum and I understand that just one javascript is allowed per page (or something like this). Sorry but I'm really newbie on all this stuff and no idea on how to make both modules (popup and slideshow) run together. No idea what code setup.

I'll deeply appreciate your help in this topic.

I'm using an offline WAMP environment so cannot give you access to my site online. But please find here the following docs:

Thanks a lot for your assistance

joan carles
Last Edit:11 years 8 months ago by joan carles
Last edit: 11 years 8 months ago by joan carles.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by ced1870 on topic Re: Incompatibility with JA Popup plugin

Posted 11 years 8 months ago #4842
Hi
look in your T3 plugin, it loads JQuery twice. This is not my fault ;), look at this
CEd

Joomlack Webmaster and Developer

by ced1870
The following user(s) said Thank You: joan carles

Replied by joan carles on topic Re: Incompatibility with JA Popup plugin

Posted 11 years 8 months ago #4845
Thank you CEd, I'll ask to Joomlart staff

joan carles

Replied by joan carles on topic Re: Incompatibility with JA Popup plugin

Posted 11 years 8 months ago #4846
Hi again CEd,

When you mention that T3 is loading JQuery twice, you were talking about the bolded lines?
Code:
<script src="/h2m/t3-assets/js_19fc2.js" type="text/javascript"></script> <script src="/h2m/t3-assets/js_acb08.js" type="text/javascript"></script>

My point is that opening js.19fc2.js and js_acb08.js files, I realise that they are differents, one is related to Mootols
Code:
/* */ /* --- MooTools: the javascript framework web build: - http://mootools.net/core/76bf47062d6c1983d66ce47ad66aa0e0 packager build: - packager build Core/Core Core/Array Core/String Core/Number Core/Function Core/Object Core/Event Core/Browser Core/Class Core/Class.Extras Core/Slick.Parser Core/Slick.Finder Core/Element Core/Element.Style Core/Element.Event Core/Element.Delegation Core/Element.Dimensions Core/Fx Core/Fx.CSS Core/Fx.Tween Core/Fx.Morph Core/Fx.Transitions Core/Request Core/Request.HTML Core/Request.JSON Core/Cookie Core/JSON Core/DOMReady Core/Swiff copyrights: - [MooTools](http://mootools.net) licenses: - [MIT License](http://mootools.net/license.txt) ... */ (function(){this.MooTools={version:"1.4.5",build:"ab8ea8824dc3b24b6666867a2c4ed58ebb762cf0"};var e=this.typeOf=function(i){if(i==null){return"null";}if(i.$family!=null){return i.$family(); .... code trimmed ....

and the other seems to be related to K2 module
Code:
/* 97.k2.js */ var $K2=jQuery.noConflict();$K2(document).ready(function(){$K2('#comment-form').submit(function(event){event.preventDefault();$K2('#formLog').empty().addClass('formLogLoading');$K2.ajax({url:$K2('#comment-form').attr('action'),type:'post',dataType:'json',data:$K2('#comment-form').serialize(),success:func .... code trimmed ....

Joomlart guys saw that JA Puresite Template is compatible with jQuery and Mootools, and about conflict jQuery with Mootools, may be Slideshow CK does not add script
Code:
Code:
<script type="text/javascript"> jQuery.noConflict(); </script>
before or after using user jQuery.

I'm sorry but, as a newbie, I've no criteria to asses this point. Please, CEd, what is your opinion?

Thanks a lot again

joan carles
Last Edit:11 years 8 months ago by joan carles
Last edit: 11 years 8 months ago by joan carles.

Replied by ced1870 on topic Re: Incompatibility with JA Popup plugin

Posted 11 years 8 months ago #4849
My opinion is that Jquery is not yet managed by joomla itself (will be in J!3.0), and this is a problem because multiple extensions load their own jquery.
You need just one in the page, that's why my module has the option to not load it. You must check all your other extensions, once your code will be clean the slideshow will work correctly
Ced

Joomlack Webmaster and Developer

by ced1870

Time to create page: 0.656 seconds

Fast and powerful creation, customizable and responsive.

Read More

We have 1214 guests and no members online