Video is muted

More
6 days 21 hours ago #72916 by ced1870
Replied by ced1870 on topic Video is muted
for info the previous message was a spam, I have removed it

Joomlack Webmaster and Developer

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 days 11 hours ago #72929 by ced1870
thanks, this is very interesting
I'm able to do the same, I mean having the video autoplay with the sound in the 2nd slide, if you use the arrow to move to the next slide
but I can not have the video to autoplay with the sound if it's the 1st slide
can you test it with Smartslider (set the video autoplay in the first slide, without user interaction) ? :)
CEd

More
6 days 37 minutes ago #72933 by Chrysant
Replied by Chrysant on topic Video is muted
Yes, very interesting, I just removed the first slide (same URL). When you open the page you go directly to the first video slide, now neither the sound nor the video starts without user interaction.

Switching to the second slide works as expected.

Without user interaction on the first video - switch to the second slide and back to the first slide, now the video starts with sound.

More
6 days 19 minutes ago - 6 days 18 minutes ago #72934 by Chrysant
Replied by Chrysant on topic Video is muted
My goal would be to be able to jump directly to a specific slide via a menu entry in which the video starts together with the sound.
You can also jump directly to a specific slide with the SmartSlider (the video does not start automatically as described in the previous post):
annettekaufmann.de/smartslider/#wedding-1
annettekaufmann.de/smartslider/#wedding-2
Instructions here:
smartslider.helpscoutdocs.com/article/19...-for-slide-switching
Last edit: 6 days 18 minutes ago by Chrysant.

More
2 days 21 hours ago #72942 by ced1870
ok, first I have to say that I'm happy to see that you have the same limit with smartslider, because as said, this is a limit from the browsers rules.
what you are asking "jump directly to a specific slide via a menu entry in which the video starts together with the sound." is not possible
as you can see using smartslider this does not work. You can not have the sound without user interaction. If you want to have the autoplay, the video has to be muted

for the direct link to a slide, I can try to add this feature. But as you can do it in smartslider, why not using it ? (just to know because I'm curious)
I will already have a lot to do this week, so I think I wont be able to check this feature before 1 or 2 week(s)

More
2 days 21 hours ago #72943 by ced1870
another question : why not putting your video in the first slide ? instead of using a link to go to the desired slide. I'm not sure to understand the real need to do that

Time to create page: 0.739 seconds

Fast and powerful creation, customizable and responsive.

Read More

We have 599 guests and one member online