Including mp4 in slideshow

More
2 months 3 weeks ago - 2 months 3 weeks ago #72291 by EX34mush
I am experimenting with videos.  I have read the documentation, but it is a bit short on detail.
I have an existing slideshow consisting of webp images.  I tried adding a video to this slideshow.
I uploaded a test video to my media folder. Then I started with Source>Add a slide on Sldieshowck.
First I tried to insert the link to the video in the normal image link box.  Although I got no error messages, the box remained blank.
So I then left the image link box blank and used the Video button to add the link.
This I was able to do, but the video did not appear in the slideshow.
I then added a random image to the image link, and this sort of worked.  My static image came up on the screen for a second or so and then switched to the video.  Is this the intention?  Should I create a blank graphic to prime the option, or am I missing a trick?  Is there a way I can set the CSS so that the display of the video is the same as for static images?
I'm doing this on my local server, so I can't send you a link.
Can you please advise?
Attachments:
Last edit: 2 months 3 weeks ago by EX34mush. Reason: Tried to add additional screenshot, but not permitted.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 months 3 weeks ago #72303 by ced1870
Replied by ced1870 on topic Including mp4 in slideshow
Hi
the slideshow works with images, this is mandatory. The best solution in your case is to take a screenshot of the video homescreen and put it as image for the slide.
You can not have a video, article or whatever if you don't put an image in the slide
CEd

Joomlack Webmaster and Developer

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.705 seconds

Fast and powerful creation, customizable and responsive.

Read More

We have 492 guests and 2 members online