By update J3 to J4 Slideshow CK module is shown as incompatible with J4

Hi,

I started to update my sites from Joomla 3 to Joomla 4.
Before updating, Joomla checks for compatibility of extensions with Joomla 4.2.6.

The compatibility table (the part of interest) looks like this.
Code:
Checking before upgrading to Joomla 4.2.6 Compatibility information is not available The developers do not offer compatible extensions with the new version of Joomla. It is possible that the extensions do not use the Joomla update system or the developers have not yet provided compatibility information. Name Extension Type Slideshow CK Module Maximenu CK Module Extension updates are not required The developers inform about the full compatibility of extensions with the new version of Joomla. Name Extension Type T3 Framework Plugin Maximenu CK Component Slideshow CK Component

Unfortunately, modules Slideshow CK and Maximenu are shown as incompatible with Joomla 4, although the developers have declared them compatible.
At the same time, the corresponding components are marked as compatible.

For the update I had to remove these modules in Joomla 3 and install in Joomla 4. This is a pity, especially for Slideshow CK, since for Maximenu on Joomla 4 it is enough to link the module to the transferred menu, and for Slideshow I had to manually add all the slides to the module.

Maybe it is possible to make the modules Maximenu and Slideshow by update were compatible?

Thanks.
by lemur

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Hi
you can find all informations here
forum.joomlack.fr/index.php/3-boite-a-id...2-joomla-4-migration

you must check your version number, if you are up to date then you are fully compatible with Joomla 4

Slideshow CK and Maximenu CK are Joomla 4 compatible since long
CEd

Joomlack Webmaster and Developer

by ced1870
The following user(s) said Thank You: lemur

Thanks for the quick response.
I knew your apps were declared compatible.
It remains unclear why Joomla 4 updater qualifies these modules as incompatible.
If this is not the result of automatic analysis, but the result of ignorance of the update developers, then could you notify them and convince them to exclude modules from the list of incompatible ones.
So it will be much calmer when updating working sites.
by lemur

the fact is that the joomla check process uses the XML update server. By my side I have 1 XML server update per extension (which means that you have to update the extension, not every single plugin)
joomla detects all the modules and plugins and don't find the update info

I shall put all this together in a "package" but this is too much work

Joomlack Webmaster and Developer

by ced1870

Thanks a lot for the explanation.
Now I will not hesitate to update my work sites with your wonderful applications.
by lemur

Time to create page: 0.641 seconds

Fast and powerful creation, customizable and responsive.

Read More

We have 767 guests and no members online