Feature Request: add link to blog article as well as menu items

I am using the free version of SlideshowCK.
I have set up a slideshow with images relating to a new season of concerts that hasn't been released yet. Each picture has a link to a blog article. Both the blog page and the slideshow are on hidden URLs but when the season is launched I will be assigning the slideshow to the home page (replacing the existing slideshow) and the blog page to the main menu. The problem is that as I had to put the full URL for each blog article in manually - as they don't have their own menu items - I will have to reassign each of the pictures again when the blog moves.

My feature request is that as well as browsing for menu items it would be possible to browse for articles (as you can with JCE Editor) and that they are relative links so would move with the parent item.

Thank you.
Last Edit:2 years 7 months ago by GillianS
Last edit: 2 years 7 months ago by GillianS.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by ced1870 on topic Feature Request: add link to blog article as well as menu items

Posted 2 years 7 months ago #61561
Hi
Please give me an example of urls
- before
- after it moves

because I don't understand why your article url would change ...
CEd

Joomlack Webmaster and Developer

by ced1870

Replied by GillianS on topic Feature Request: add link to blog article as well as menu items

Posted 2 years 7 months ago #61564
Before move, a hidden menu item not on the main menu and with no direct link:
mydomain.com/2021-22-season/2022-01-14-concert

After being moved to the main menu] mydomain.com/what-s-on/2021-22-season/2022-01-14-concert

Where '2021-22-season' is the menu item of type 'Category blog' which is, after being moved, a sub-menu item under 'what-s-on', and '2022-01-14-concert' is the blog article that does not have its own menu item.

So, after moving the '2021-22-season' menu item I would have to change the link in SlideshowCK and add in "what-s-on/" to the URL or it would return a 404 error.

I hope that makes it clearer.

Replied by ced1870 on topic Feature Request: add link to blog article as well as menu items

Posted 2 years 7 months ago #61565
ok, you should use the non SEF url, like that
index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=23

this url will never change, 23 is the ID of the article. This is not related to the menu structure ...

Joomlack Webmaster and Developer

by ced1870
The following user(s) said Thank You: GillianS

Time to create page: 0.638 seconds

Fast and powerful creation, customizable and responsive.

Read More

We have 813 guests and no members online