Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:
  • 1

TOPIC: Unable to save changes to module

Unable to save changes to module 07 Aug 2017 20:00 #44335

Hi,
I have been using Slideshow CK for some months without major problems. However, today I tried to modify an existing slide-show and when I clicked the Save button, I was returned to the Module list and subsequently found my changes had not been saved.
I then experimented and so far as I can tell, I am able to create and save a module OK, but am then limited to two further saves before this problem shows itself.
I have managed to get a working module that will work until you get back from your holiday, but it would be good to see if it can be fixed.
One thing that might just possibly be relevant; I upgraded from Joomla 3.7.3 to 3.7.4 today. I have not attempted to restore the 3.7.3 version to see if that makes any difference.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Unable to save changes to module 08 Aug 2017 07:54 #44336

  • ced1870
  • ced1870's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Administrateur
  • Administrateur
  • Posts: 18419
  • Karma: 401
  • Thank you received: 2347
Hi
this could be due to the fact that you have too much slides in the slides manager.
if it occurs only with 3-4 slides, then the problem is probably different and could be due to a plugin interaction.

1/ try to change the "params" field in the database >> table "modules", from "text" to "longtext" to allow more data to be saved

2/ try to unpublish the installed plugins and see if it works, if yes, then one of them is in cause

CEd
The following user(s) said Thank You: EX34mush

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Joomlack Webmaster and Developer

Unable to save changes to module 08 Aug 2017 10:11 #44337

Thank you for such a quick reply - especially as you are on holiday!
Having shut down my machine overnight I started it up this morning, but rather stupidly didn't check to see if the saving problem was still there before I made any of the changes you suggested.
First I un-published the modules that were not being used. I then found I could save changes once again - great!
I then re-published the other modules to see what impact that had, but found I was still able to save changes. So, right now I have a working system - the main thing - but no way of reproducing the problem.
It might have been a problem with the hosting server, I guess it is possible that in un-publishing the other modules it freed up space somewhere that then became re-usable. Who knows! However, if the problem does re-arise I know where to start looking.
Thanks again, and enjoy the rest of your holiday.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last Edit: by EX34mush.
  • Page:
  • 1
Time to create page: 0.181 seconds

Fast and powerful creation, customizable and responsive.

Read More

Qui est en ligne

We have 213 guests and 2 members online