Wrong number of slides displayed

Wrong number of slides displayed was created by dbiom

Posted 7 years 3 months ago #39241
On our group website ( dbiom.org ) I display images of our published manuscripts using Slideshow CK. I've noticed an issue when:

Article Options - Article Link On = Image
and
Slides Manager - Article Options is used to select the article to be linked to

I observe that a seemingly random number of slides are displayed. Currently on our Home page there are 8 articles but with the settings as above it will display between 1-8 slides for a given page load. It should be noted that I'm calling Slideshow CK from MetaMod .

Setting Article Options - Article Link On = readmore link solves the issue but I want it to be Image.

My workaround is to keep Image but in Slides Manager use Link Options instead of Article Options to link to an Article/Manuscript.

From what I can tell I'm running the native version of JQuery though I'm not certain. Is this an issue with Slideshow CK or perhaps something to do with MetaMod?
Last Edit:7 years 3 months ago by dbiom
Last edit: 7 years 3 months ago by dbiom.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by ced1870 on topic Wrong number of slides displayed

Posted 7 years 3 months ago #39242
Hi
sorry but I don't understand the problem.
You have 8 slides with links, and I see it working.
could you explain me again what is exactly the issue ? :)
CEd

Joomlack Webmaster and Developer

by ced1870

Replied by dbiom on topic Wrong number of slides displayed

Posted 7 years 3 months ago #39243
Thanks for the quick reply! I'm using the workaround, selecting my links using Link Options instead of Article Options. This workaround is fine but I wanted to report the issue still. If I instead select my links using Slides Manager - Article Options instead of displaying 8 slides it will display a random number of slides from 1-8.

Slideshow CK is v1.4.40 (but also noticed issue with previously installed version, 1.4.24 maybe)
Joomla is v3.6.4
by dbiom

Posted 7 years 3 months ago #39244
ok I understand :)
I think that the problem is the html code that is rendered from the article intro, if a tag is not well closed it can break the html layout

by ced1870

Replied by dbiom on topic Wrong number of slides displayed

Posted 7 years 3 months ago #39245
I'm sure you're probably right but I'm not sure I follow exactly. When you say article intro you mean the Joomla article that a given slide is associated with? What tag is not well closed and how can I resolve that?
by dbiom

Posted 7 years 3 months ago #39249
this is not so simple, the problem comes from the truncate method. I know that sometimes it can render an issue but by my side I don't manage to reproduce it

if you send me the 8 articles content (html code) by email I could try to set it on my side and see if I get the problem

by ced1870
The following user(s) said Thank You: dbiom

Time to create page: 0.740 seconds

Fast and powerful creation, customizable and responsive.

Read More

We have 945 guests and 2 members online