Caption position and responsive caption text size

More
8 years 5 months ago #34065 by zprint
Hi-

I'm trying to position a caption so that it will always be visible regardless of screen size. So far I've been using the "margin" setting. Only the bottom margin seems to have any effect on the position of the caption. If I set it for 250px it puts the caption near the bottom on a large display, but it's too high on a smart phone display, and the top gets cut off. Changing the top margin setting has no effect on the position of the caption.
Ideally I'd like to place the caption right in the center of the image: same distance from top and bottom.

Also, the responsive setting for the text size seems to have no effect; 1em, .5 em, 25 em, nothing changes with the smaller screen size.

thanks for your help.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 5 months ago #34068 by ced1870
Hi
I have a demo here that is what you want, I think

www.template-creator.com/fr/template-creator-demo-34

you can copy the theme from
view-source:http://www.template-creator.com/modules/mod_slideshowck/themes/slideshowv34/css/camera.css

and then adapt it to your needs
CEd

Joomlack Webmaster and Developer

More
8 years 5 months ago #34137 by zprint
Thanks!

That fixed the position of the caption and the responsive text size.

I like the borders above and below the caption too.

But- now I've lost the overlay. Originally I had a semi-transparent overlay the width of the image, extending about 10px padding above and below the caption text, in order to make the text stand out.

Now, the overlay covers the entire image no matter what changes I make in the caption options area.

More
8 years 5 months ago #34145 by ced1870
you can use Firebug to check the elements that you can use to do what you want
this is a customization of the caption, you must do it with your own css in the theme

Joomlack Webmaster and Developer

Time to create page: 0.501 seconds

Fast and powerful creation, customizable and responsive.

Read More

We have 420 guests and no members online