Slideshow CK with params -default image directory?

More
8 years 8 months ago #32314 by treb
Hello I have a large resource of photos of events in sub-directories of /images eg in /images/eventgallery/events2015 but the slide manager will not load images from these; thumbs show as broken in slide manager and neither thumbs or images show in Front End. OK from the "random" images in eg /images but I have 9000 categorised images!

btw I do not see how to search this forum or page backwards/forwards.
Thanks
Trevor

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 8 months ago #32316 by ced1870
Hi
just remember, this is a slideshow, not an image gallery ;)

For sure you will not be able to import 9000 images in the slides manager. The only way would be to autoload the images from the folder

CEd

Joomlack Webmaster and Developer

More
8 years 8 months ago #32320 by treb
Hi, no I am not trying to load 1000s of images from one folder, but for instance 6-8 images from a sub-folder already set up below images/eventgallery/.., but Slideshow CK does not seem to want to load from folders this deep? Some of the events folders may have 60 slides, but some users want to see them in a slide show.

I need to try and have a "single" page displaying images, and videos from eg YT links, and I found before that at least with an .mp4 hosted locally, WOULD display on top of a slide from your demo folder. I cannot seem to be able to display even the images if they are not in eg /public_html/images folder? I will if necessary display YT vids on the same page with a separate module for that!
Trevor

More
8 years 8 months ago #32321 by ced1870
ok I understand better :)

for instance 6-8 images from a sub-folder already set up below images/eventgallery/.., but Slideshow CK does not seem to want to load from folders this deep?

it should load them. There is no restriction to only one level of folder.

- So you select the folder
- click the import button to the slides manager
- the images are added but some of them are broken

right ?

More
8 years 8 months ago #32323 by treb
Yes, it finds the file name OK but the ?thumb displayed in the Slide Manager looks broken and the frontend display doesn't appear to load, no dots for thumbs? Attaching a backend screenprint showing folder and file names etc.
Going out shortly, to meet some of my users... Can I email/PM a SU login please?
Thanks
Trevor
Attachments:

More
8 years 8 months ago #32325 by ced1870
ok
please contact me by email with an admin acces so that I can check this

Time to create page: 0.520 seconds

Fast and powerful creation, customizable and responsive.

Read More

We have 967 guests and no members online