Only show active parent Menu item / Event target element

Hi,
i got the paid extension - Its nice so far!
But I have 2 questions:

1) Can I setup the Menu, that it starts always with closed subemnus, even if the active link is in the submenu?
It should only show the active parent menu. When i set another base item, it does not show the active linke anymore at all.

2) I also setup for the Event target element - Image only.
But when I click on the link, the submenu opens and the page is redirected to the link. I dont want to open the submenu at all, when I click on the link. How to archive this?

Thanks
Tom
Last Edit:3 years 7 months ago by tomtomtom
Last edit: 3 years 7 months ago by tomtomtom.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by ced1870 on topic Only show active parent Menu item / Event target element

Posted 3 years 7 months ago #57750
Hi

Its nice so far!

thank you :)

1/ I have to check that, may be to add an option to allow the submenus to be all closed

2/ I think that this is related to the question 1/, because it will automatically open the active submenu

Please remind me on monday, I will check for the option
CEd

Joomlack Webmaster and Developer

by ced1870
The following user(s) said Thank You: tomtomtom

Replied by tomtomtom on topic Only show active parent Menu item / Event target element

Posted 3 years 7 months ago #57751
Thanks for looking into.

Yes, that would be cool, if there would be an option, that the submenus should only open, when I click on the image - otherwise stay closed. The active link could just highlight the parent of the active submenu-link. (I think it does it now anyway :) )

It is because, I have a submenu, which is a bit long and it looks too overwhelming, if it is always opened, when an active link of that submenu is opened.

To fix it Imade a workaround and changed the Base Item - but then i does not show the active parent and when i click the link of the parent, it opens the submenu first and then fowards the link of the parent - looks a bit weird thow :)
Last Edit:3 years 7 months ago by tomtomtom
Last edit: 3 years 7 months ago by tomtomtom.

Replied by ced1870 on topic Only show active parent Menu item / Event target element

Posted 3 years 7 months ago #57762
Hi
for info, I'm working on :)

by ced1870

Posted 3 years 7 months ago #57770
Hi
Please update to the 3.0.3, I have added the option "show active item" >> set it to NO, the menu will stay closed
CEd

by ced1870

Time to create page: 0.677 seconds

Fast and powerful creation, customizable and responsive.

Read More

We have 881 guests and no members online