Styling the Accordeon Menu

Styling the Accordeon Menu was created by jhoerlein

Posted 6 years 6 months ago #44543
Hello,

I requested help in styling the accordeon menu in an earlier submission to this forum. I was told that I created a custom css theme and was given a link to the css page I created: jphtest.com/modules/mod_accordeonck/them...planetConscNewsl.css . I cannot edit this code and can't find a way to edit it in the back-end of the accordeon menu. Also, when I select 'styles customizer/custom css' and type in css information and save, it is gone (not saved).

The menu currently looks like this: jphtest.com/index.php/newsletters/planetary-consciousness . The menu is currently only displaying the first of all 2nd level items. Also, I would like the menu to be in times new roman font, bold on first level, and non-bold on selected 2nd level items, with no horizontal lines between menu items, with no square symbols on the second level, and much smaller +'s and -'s on left side of first level.

Thanks for your help.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by ced1870 on topic Styling the Accordeon Menu

Posted 6 years 6 months ago #44545
Hi
my answer (by email) was wrong in fact, this file is created from the interface of the Accordeon CK Params
So you don't have to edit the file, but to use the interface. You should find the necessary options in the interface to style your menu.
if you don't manage to do that, give me an admin access by email so that I can check the problem
CEd

Joomlack Webmaster and Developer

by ced1870

Posted 6 years 6 months ago #44551
I have checked, here is the result:
1/ switched the option "use the module styles" on Customizer
2/ "load compile CSS" on Compile to get the changes live, once styled you can switch again on Yes if you want to save a little some server load
3/ then in your template.css, you have some CSS rules with a " !important" that overrides everything. This is the main problem in your case

.sideMenuPlanetConsc line 3111
and
a:hover lin 176
jphtest.com/templates/jsn_nuru_pro/css/template.css

you shall remove the important setting

by ced1870

Replied by jhoerlein on topic Styling the Accordeon Menu

Posted 6 years 6 months ago #44631
Hello, Thanks for your previous help.

The menu is looking better, but still not exactly what I want.

I don't want the dash on the right of first level items, or the square in front of 2nd levels, or the lines between items. I would like first level to be bold, and 2nd level bold only when the link is selected. I want the font to be 'times new roman', and the 2nd level links indented a little under the first level links.

You mentioned that the !important's in my css classes were overriding everything, and I removed the culprits -- but the extension is not reading the .sideMenuPlanetConsc css code that is found in template.css, beginning line 3111. Why not?

Thanks so much!

Posted 6 years 6 months ago #44635
the template.css file is not managed by the module, this comes from your template
in general, !important shall only be used in specific cases and on specific css identifiers.

you can style many things in the interface, for all other points that can not be managed from the options, you can use the Custom CSS area to write your own rules and get the desired result

by ced1870

Replied by jhoerlein on topic Styling the Accordeon Menu

Posted 6 years 6 months ago #44790
Hello CED1870,

I'm still not clear -- how exactly can I get Accordeon Menu to read my css? I entered a moduleClassSuffix -- why isn't it reading it? Likewise, any rules I write in the Custom CSS area disappear.

Under the styles tab there is an an option to compile css -- where would I put the code to be compiled?

Thanks much.
Last Edit:6 years 6 months ago by jhoerlein
Last edit: 6 years 6 months ago by jhoerlein.

Time to create page: 0.752 seconds

Fast and powerful creation, customizable and responsive.

Read More

We have 1027 guests and no members online