Still issues with centertop, maintop, centerbottom

Still issues with centertop, maintop, centerbottom was created by Boradan

Posted 8 years 7 months ago #29561
just updated to the latest release (3.4.2).
Having issues with the maintop, centertop, mainbottom and centerbottom positions not being filled even when modules are published in those positions.
This is from older templates which I am updating with the newest release - more recent templates seem to be running fine when being copied over to live.

This is the div created for the main content area - its only taking left, right and maincenter - no mention of the other 4 available positions.
Code:
<div id="maincontent" class="maincontent <?php echo $mainclass ?>"> <div class="inner clearfix"> <?php if ($this->countModules('sidebar-a')) : ?> <aside id="sidebar-a" class="column column1"> <?php if ($this->countModules('sidebar-a')) : ?> <div class="inner clearfix"> <jdoc:include type="modules" name="sidebar-a" style="xhtml" /> </div> <?php endif; ?> </aside> <?php endif; ?> <div id="main" class="column main row-fluid"> <div class="inner clearfix"> <div id="maincenter" class="maincenter "> <div class="inner clearfix"> <main id="center" class="column center "> <div class="inner"> <div id="content" class=""> <div class="inner clearfix"> <jdoc:include type="message" /> <jdoc:include type="component" /> </div> </div> </div> </main> <?php if ($this->countModules('sidebar-b')) : ?> <aside id="sidebar-b" class="column column2"> <?php if ($this->countModules('sidebar-b')) : ?> <div class="inner clearfix"> <jdoc:include type="modules" name="sidebar-b" style="xhtml" /> </div> <?php endif; ?> </aside> <?php endif; ?> <div class="clr"></div> </div> </div> </div> </div> <div class="clr"></div> </div> </div>

You can see what I mean here:
www.templates.computersystems.ie/index.php

choose the 'battlefield_4_battlelog' template from the selector, and the modules in those positions disappear, even though the positions are created (and correctly named) in templatecreator.
All of the other battlefield templates in the selector were created with an older version of template creator, but have not yet been updated/modified with the new version, and are still showing those module positions.

It should be noted that the 4 relevant positions are being named ok in the templatedetails.xml, but just not being called in the index.php
Last Edit:8 years 7 months ago by Boradan
Last edit: 8 years 7 months ago by Boradan.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by Boradan on topic Still issues with centertop, maintop, centerbottom

Posted 8 years 7 months ago #29562
If it helps, here is the relevant part of the index.php file from the template BEFORE I made the modifications:
Code:
<div id="maincontent" class="maincontent <?php echo $mainclass ?>"> <div class="inner clearfix"> <?php if ($this->countModules('sidebar-a')) : ?> <div id="sidebar-a" class="column column1"> <div class="inner clearfix"> <jdoc:include type="modules" name="sidebar-a" style="xhtml" /> </div> </div> <?php endif; ?> <div id="main" class="column main row-fluid"> <div class="inner clearfix"> <?php if ($this->countModules('maintop')) : ?> <div id="maintop"> <div class="inner clearfix"> <jdoc:include type="modules" name="maintop" style="xhtml" /> </div> </div> <?php endif; ?> <div id="maincenter" class="maincenter "> <div class="inner clearfix"> <div id="center" class="column center "> <div class="inner"> <?php if ($this->countModules('centertop')) : ?> <div id="centertop" class=""> <div class="inner clearfix"> <jdoc:include type="modules" name="centertop" style="xhtml" /> </div> </div> <?php endif; ?> <div id="content" class=""> <div class="inner clearfix"> <jdoc:include type="message" /> <jdoc:include type="component" /> </div> </div> <?php if ($this->countModules('centerbottom')) : ?> <div id="centerbottom" class=""> <div class="inner clearfix"> <jdoc:include type="modules" name="centerbottom" style="xhtml" /> </div> </div> <?php endif; ?> </div> </div> <?php if ($this->countModules('sidebar-b')) : ?> <div id="sidebar-b" class="column column2"> <div class="inner clearfix"> <jdoc:include type="modules" name="sidebar-b" style="xhtml" /> </div> </div> <?php endif; ?> <div class="clr"></div> </div> </div> <?php if ($this->countModules('mainbottom')) : ?> <div id="mainbottom"> <div class="inner clearfix"> <jdoc:include type="modules" name="mainbottom" style="xhtml" /> </div> </div> <?php endif; ?> </div> </div> <div class="clr"></div> </div> </div>
by Boradan

Replied by ced1870 on topic Still issues with centertop, maintop, centerbottom

Posted 8 years 7 months ago #29567
Hi
strange because I have fixed some issues like this before
Please give me the gabarit .tck3z that I can import by my side to check
CEd

Joomlack Webmaster and Developer

by ced1870

Posted 8 years 7 months ago #29568
gabarit (tck3z) has been emailed to you.
I also sent another mail with the original (tck3) Gabarit that I am modifying.
Last Edit:8 years 7 months ago by Boradan
Last edit: 8 years 7 months ago by Boradan.

Replied by ced1870 on topic Still issues with centertop, maintop, centerbottom

Posted 8 years 7 months ago #29569
received :)

Joomlack Webmaster and Developer

by ced1870

Posted 8 years 7 months ago #29570
By the way, the earliest version of templatecreator these original templates could have been created with was 3.1.6

I have also checked a couple of other templates created around the same time as the original tck3 gabarit I sent you.
They are all displaying the same issue as soon as I try to download them using the current version - the same 4 missing module positions in the index.html
by Boradan

Time to create page: 1.045 seconds

Fast and powerful creation, customizable and responsive.

Read More

We have 601 guests and one member online